Chapter 15 - Roxy

Start from the beginning

"See you later, Roxy." He hugged me, before walking away.

"Later, Garrett."

####

Ryan and I set down our trays of food on the table. Garrett, Finn, and Carter were already seated. They had their trays of food in front of them. I sat in my seat beside Finn and Carter, across from Ryan.

"How did you get chocolate chip cookies?" I asked Garrett.

"They always put them out early."

Ryan and I had our class all the way across campus. It was one of the farthest classrooms to the cafeteria. By the time we got in line for food, there weren't that many options left. The rest of the guys had classrooms closer to the cafeteria, so they usually got better options.

"I'll trade you the cookies for the apple," he spoke, holding the two cookies that were wrapped with plastic.

"Deal." I smiled, handing him the apple, and he handed me the cookies.

Garrett was going to eat the apple, but I knew he really didn't prefer it over the cookies. It was Garrett we were talking about. He considered a salad something drenched with ranch and some green things he knew he disliked. His definition of healthy was eating four slices of pizza and not five slices. And even then, you could already see the dilemma with that. He only traded because he knew how much I liked the cookies.

"Anything new?" Finn asked.

"Test this Friday for Mrs. Ablesons class," Ryan spoke.

"Mr. Merycal keeps on giving us more and more work. Honestly, does he think we're capable of so much work?" Carter grunted.

"You are in AP Calculus," I spoke.

"Doesn't mean he can drown us in work."

"I heard we're finally getting pizza back next week." Garrett smiled.

"Garrett, it's school pizza. I doubt you love it that much," Carter spoke.

"No, no, my dear Carter. It technically won't be 'school pizza.' They're ordering it from Moe's now."

"What?" I asked, not sure if I heard him right.

"That's right, my dear Roxanne. We're getting Moe's pizza at school."

"How is that possible?" I asked, in disbelief.

"They have a new contract, and it's with Moe's pizza," he explained. "Someone from the school will pick it up, since Moe's doesn't deliver."

"Yes!" I stood, high-fived Garrett, then sat back down in my seat.

"How do you even know all of that?" Carter asked.

"Carter, it's pizza. You know I'm going to stay on top of anything pizza related."

"Ok," Carter started. "Now that that's done...Are we doing anything after school?" he asked before taking a bite of his sandwich.

We all looked at each other.

"I don't think any of us have any plans," Finn said.

Just as Finn had finished saying that, Daniella and a few of her friends passed by our table. She gave Carter a small smile then focused her attention on me just to give me a dirty look before she walked away.

I groaned and rolled my eyes.

"Don't mind her," Carter said. "She has nothing to do with us anymore. I doubt she's any concern to us."

Once she was out of sight, we continued.

"So any plans after school? Or what do you guys want to do?"