“You know I don’t!” I screamed back. “Of course I don’t!”

“I know nothing,” she argued furiously. “And I don’t want your money!”

One of her boots was suddenly flying at my head, but I was just in time to duck. The other one followed soon after. It was such a shame – they had been really hard to get on such short notice. I’d noticed she’d been wearing them quite often, so she must’ve liked the gift. Apparently, anger trumped her love for her Hello Kitty footwear.

“You can’t buy me,” Demona told me quietly. I could feel her rage dying down slowly, changing into something else… need? Anticipation? Now that couldn’t be right… It was like she’d summoned the rage and was now letting other emotions emerge. Like this was a play and she the skilled actress.

“You know there’s only one way to get a girl, right?” Demona was reaching back and if I didn’t know better I’d swear she was… Yes, she was actually undoing her own zipper.

“Mind control?” I offered with as much gusto as I could muster. “Worked fine for me so far.”

She scowled. “You don’t really get the girl that way, Eros. Not by compelling her, and definitely not by buying her.The only way to truly be with a girl is if she offers herself to you.”

Before I could react in any way – not that I knew what to say to that remark – she was pushing the straps of her gold dress down and letting the flowing fabric slide off her and onto the floor. My jaw dropped when I saw what she was wearing underneath. Her bra was not covering up much and it was a beautiful midnight blue. Her lacy slip matched the bra and fit her perfectly. She looked like a moon goddess straight out of a myth. All coherent thought was gone from my mind – I only had the vague sense that something was off, but I couldn’t put my finger on it and didn’t really want to. The girl I loved was in front of me with barely and clothes on. Getting a bit carried away was a given.

“Like what you see?” Demona asked with a sly smile on her face. I detected some nerves in her otherwise confident demeanor, but I couldn’t focus on anything. There were so many feelings rushing between the two of us, that I could barely think straight anymore. I knew what she was getting from me, at least: a strange mix of love and lust, nothing like I’d ever experienced before. I wanted her, badly. But it was different from what I’d felt around other girls. I didn’t just want her because she was beautiful and almost naked. I wanted her because… well, because she was Demona.

“Are you just gonna stand there or what?” She took a step toward me and put a hand on my cheek.

I was too confused to do anything. Something was wrong, something was very very wrong. This must be a joke – Demona couldn’t be doing this… When she slowly pulled me down so our lips could meet, I gave up any effort to figure it out.

The kiss was glorious. It was sweet and soft and full of longing – but it wasn’t right, not exactly. She started to undo the buttons of my shirt, but I grasped her wrists and took a staggering breath.

“Dem, what are you-”

She silenced me by kissing me again, more urgently this time. I released her wrists and pulled her against me. She let me for a moment, but then pulled back to take off my shirt completely. I shivered when she pressed herself up against me, her bare skin on mine. This was what I dreamed of at night, this was what I’d been wanting for so long now. The feeling that something was wrong stayed, but I purposefully ignored it.

“Take me to bed,” she whispered. “Touch me, Eros.”

I immediately put my hands on her hips and led her to my bed. She sat on the edge and pulled me down with her. Hands knotted in hair and we looked into each other’s eyes. She smiled shyly and carefully touched my bare chest with her left hand. I stroked her hair and slowly let my hands travel down: to her neck, to her shoulders and then very carefully down to her hips. I stayed away from the bra for now – no need to rush things.