Chapter six

It's early the next morning when Garry returns. Emilia and Erin are up and watching TV, because of her concussion Emilia has to stay home for at least 2 days. He walks in and sits in the armchair.

'How are my two favourite girls?' He asks.

'Why'd you run off last night?' Erin quizzes him.

'Just had something to take care of. Nothing illegal. I promise.' Garry replies. The doorbell goes. Emilia stands up.

'I'll get it.' She says. She walks to the door and opens it. The man explains who he is and Emilia lets him in. She leads him to the living room where her mom and Garry are. 'Mom.' Erin looks behind her and stands up, so does Garry.

'Herrmann. What can I do for you?' Erin asks.

'The fire yesterday. It's been linked to a dozen or so more fires across Chicago and Illinois. You're dealing with a state wide gang here.' Herrmann explains.

'You came here just to tell me that?' Erin responds.

'No. Everyone wanted to see how Emilia was doing.' Herrmann tells her. 'How you doing kid?' He asks Emilia.

'Feeling a lot better.' Emilia tells him.

'Everyone at 51 wanted to know. Not just me.' Herrmann tells Erin.

'It's OK.' Erin replies. She then shows Herrmann out. 'You're quite popular with firehouse 51.' Erin says as she comes back.

'Why? I don't know most of them.' Emilia tells her mom. Erin doesn't say anything. She just looks at her. 'I'm going to my room.' Emilia says. She walks into the kitchen and takes a diet soda out of the fridge. She normally eats and drinks healthily but today is Wednesday so, according to the house rules, she can eat and drink as unhealthily as she wants. Wednesday and Friday were the days for that. She goes up to her room and lies on her bed.

She gets her laptop out and starts working on her project for social studies

She gets her laptop out and starts working on her project for social studies. She does the first task which is research different criminal agencies and what they do and the different divisions. She starts to get a headache so she walks over to the photo wall she created. Full of memories.

 Full of memories