Chapter 15

Legolas felt the faint sunrays lingering on his face. And that was the only thing to make him attempt opening his eyes. He started opening them, when a searing pain shot through his head. He closed his eyes and gritted his teeth, trying to stop the pain.
'But..What?..Why do I feel pain since I am dead?' he thought and then it hit him 'I am not dead'.

He opened his eyes instantly and ignored the pain that followed. It took him a few moments to adjust his vision to the faint light and, once he saw clearly, he took in his surroundings; he was laying on his back, in the same spot he had fallen. There was a thin mist all around and faint sunrays were passing through it, giving this dark place some light.

He looked at his hands; oh Valar, he was extremely pale. He slowly sat up, the pain in his wound on his hip increasing. And then he saw blood. Too much of it. It had formed a small pool next to him, the dark red painting the rocky ground.

He carefully moved aside the blood stained cloth on his wound and his eyes widened; oh, the wound was even worse than he had thought it to be. It was a pretty deep cut and it was still bleeding, but not as much as it did in the beginning.
'Ugh, that explains my weakness and paleness' he thought sadly.

He licked his dry lips and, to his surprise, he tasted the metalic taste of blood. His hand flew to his face and, once he looked at it, he saw blood again. Yes, his half face was covered in blood. That's because of another deep scratch above his left eye. He sighed heavily; he had to get up and find something to bandage his wounds.

And then it hit him; Tauriel.
He abruptly stood up, wincing in pain and clutching his side.
'She is in danger. It is all my fault. I did not even have the chance to say goodbye... To say that I love her sooo deeply... Everything is lost' he grieved and covered his face with his bloodied hands. He looked at the fading light of the sun; this was the last time he would see its beautiful light and feel its warmth on his skin.

He took in a sharp breath when a warm, shoothing voice spoke in his head "Don't give up Legolas, son of Thranduil. You must find her and help her. Don't let her fade again..." spoke the voice and a strange feeling rose from inside him; the feeling of determination and strength. He took in a deep breath and tightened his chest.
'I will find her' he thought and cautiously took a few steps.

This voice... it sounded familiar...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Elsaylen opened her eyes slowly. Two of the soldiers were already awake and were looking at the distance.

She rubbed her eyes, got up and approached the soldiers "Anything yet?" she asked.
"No my Lady. I covered a kilometre with my companion earlier in this morning, but found nothing. We must search more today"
"Very well. Wake the soldiers up. We must cover as much distance as possible today" she said and the soldier nodded.

Within five minutes they were already ready and started walking again. The nature all around them was silent, giving the atmosphere a dull and melancholic air, as if grieving for the prince's absence and torturment.

This whole thing made Elsaylen melancholic too.
'When I left my home, I was hoping for living a better adventure. A mysterious one, similar to the books I am reading. Love, happiness, agony, danger and enthusiasm were in those adventures. Well, I supposw mine is a little bit different...' she thought, a sad smile on her face.
'I hope everything turns out to be alright. Then, I will go back home and...maybe tell him I love him...
At least I have made two new wonderful friends. And I will do my best to save them both'.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Tauriel, wake up" a soft voice spoke, tapping her shoulder gently. Tauriel groaned and opened her eyes. She saw Thranduil kneeling down beside her, a serious look on his face.