Prologue

She was crying. She was crying since the very moment he died. She was thinking only one thing; his eyes. Those warm brown eyes she loved so much.

It was a terrible nightmare to her; seeing him dying before her eyes. Staring at his charming eyes. In that terrible moment those warm eyes were filled with pain, sorrow and despair. She knew he was desperately trying to tell her sonething, but he couldn't.

The only thing he managed to do was to let a single tear to fall from his beautiful eyes before leaving forever. That tear carried so many feelings; love, hopelessness, pain and deep sorrow.

That orc filth killed her beloved one. All she knew was that Legolas had killed Bolg. She had seen him fighting fiercely the orc, trying to save her. Oh Legolas. Legolas was everything to her. He always filled her heart. He was her dearest friend, her companion. It was only him to be always by her side, helping her, risking his own life for her. He really cared for her.

She had seen him staring at her the moment when she was crying next to Kili's dead body. He was staring her sorrowfully. Little did she know that Legolas had very strong feelings for her. He loved her so much. He loved her since their very first meeting. Thranduil knew, that wasn't very good at all.

The present day, Kili's, Fili's and Thorin's funeral was taking place in Erebor. Tauriel wanted to go, but she was sure that the dwarves wouldn't let her to. Thranduil could no more control her and stop her for he had banished her.

She was temporarly staying with a friend of her in an elven village, far from the palace. Thranduil didn't know, she thought he wouldn't even care. No matter what happened, she would go to the funeral, to see her beloved one for one last time.

The sun was setting and Tauriel was right outside the gates of Erebor. She had waken up very early in the morning, leaving a note to Calerian (her friend) saying that she would go to the funeral.

She was about to enter when a dwarf with white hair and white long beard got out. He had an amused look on his face because he hadn't expected any elf to come.
"Good evening sir. My name is Tauriel and-"
"Yes, yes, I know who you are my lady. I am Balin" Balin said and smiled at her.
"Oh, nice to meet you master Balin. How do you know who I am may I ask?" Tauriel asked him in confusion.

"Kili had told Fili about you. I didn't intend to, but I was nearby and I heard him. I recognised you immediatelly, as the description was good enough." Balin said still smiling at her.

"Oh...so, I have come for the funeral, am I late?"
"No, no. And, by the way, I know you have come for Kili. He loved you as much as you did and still do."
"How did you know?" Tauriel asked him amused.
"Your eyes reflect your emotions. I understood straight away. That's why I will let you to attend the funeral. Come now.."

"Thank you so much sir-"
"Just Balin. I prefer it more than 'sir' "
"Ok then." Tauriel said and they entered Erebor.

They walked for some minutes and finally they entered a large hall where countless dwarves were standing. In the center of the hall, three bodies laid on top of three coffins.

In the middle was Thorin, on the right was Kili and on the left was Fili. They seemed to be sleeping but everyone knew better. When Tauriel laid her eyes on Kili, she teared up. She couldn't bear seeing his broken body, laying motionless on a coffin. Everyone was deepening their head in sadness and respect for the fallen ones when the funeral started.

One by one, everyone said their last words in dwarvish. Tauriel didn't say anything. When everyone finished, some dwarves cautiously put the bodies into the coffins and took them awau, somewhere outside in order to bury them.

Every dwarf would stay in Erebor all night long, but Tauriel decided to go back to Mirkwood.

"Balin, I have to go now. Thanks for giving me the permission to attend the funeral." she whispered to the white-beared dwarf and he nodded. He replied "Ok my dear. I hope we meet each other again in the future. Farewell" and then he put his right fist to his heart and bowed slightly.

"Farewell" she finally told him and bowed too. After that, she slowly crossed the corridors still crying.

When she got out of the palace of Erebor, she whispered to herself "I love you Kili. I will always do" and let the last tear to fall from her eyes.

It was late at night when she made her way to Mirkwood.

Little did she know that her life would change at a later date...

A/N

Hey guys!! As you can see, I started a new book. This is my first attempt to a book in English, so you might see grammar or syntax mistakes, since I am from Greece. You can always point them out in a polite way in order to correct them.

Did you like the prologue?? Let me know in the comments section. :)

P.S.

This story is dedicated to;

FleurPotterWatson

MonsterCupcake61176

Stars_Alight