17. - And All The Girlies Say I'm Pretty Fly For A White Guy

Start from the beginning

Brian tried to tease Johnny and me but we both put it off. Of course he had told Michelle what was going on, but JB had no idea.

When we were about to leave I told them to wait so I could grab another coffee. “I don't think it's that healthy to drink that much coffee a day,” Michelle said when I joined them with a big cup in my hand.

“So, you're all smoking and I don't complain 'bout it,” I said and walked towards the car where Matt was already inside. He had started the CD and 'Pretty Fly' was blaring.

“You're kidding me,” he said while I took my seat next to him with a smile on his face. I started to sing along while Matt started the engine.

“Give it to me baby,” I roared along The Offspring. “Come on Mattie, that's fun. Sing along,” I said.

“Give it to me baby,” I sang again, louder this time and Matt took the “Uh huh, uh huh!” part. When Matt left the parking lot, we passed the van where Johnny, Val, Gena, Zacky and JB were getting into the car and started laughing while we drove past them and sang along. I put out my tongue and got a rebuke from Matt 'cause I had missed my entry.

The next song started and we sang along too. It was pretty much fun even if I'm not the greatest singer.

“Living easy, loving free, season ticket on a one way ride,” we started as my phone was ringing. I answered it while Matt was still singing.

“You're okay there? 'cause from what we heard you were deep in pain,” Zacky said.

“Everything's fine. Matt and I are having fun, you're just jealous. And if you excuse me please, we're now on our highway to hell,” I said and disconnected. We still had a three hour drive – at least.

After two hours we had to take a stop again. The dogs were getting nervous. “I'll take a walk with them,” I told Matt who was on the phone and simply nodded. I walked a bit and turned around as I heard footsteps right behind me. It was just Johnny. “Gosh, please let me drive with you,” he begged.

“'Cause Matt and I am having fun?” I asked.

“'Cause they're bugging me and asking me questions for two fuckin' hours. Please I'll take a seat with the dogs, just pleeeease save me.” I chuckled.

“Ow come on, can't be that bad. And it's just another hour till we arrive,” I tried to cheer him up.

“A hour is far too much!”, he mumbled.

“You know if our stuff had already arrived?” I changed the subject.

“Yeah, it's all there. Your new drums also,” he answered. It hurt to know that I had to play on new drums, especially some which I didn't know. It may seem strange, but I had my drums for so many years and got used to them.

“Okay,” I said and put on a fake smile. “Think we should go back on the road, if we don’t want to be late,” I said and turned around.

-x-

“So, where are my new drums?” I asked as we entered the hall.

“Just wait a bit, I need to check them first,” JB said and disappeared. We didn't have the time to check in our hotel. We followed some guy who headed towards our wardrobe room. By the way I didn't know what I should wear that night. I couldn't wear my usual stuff 'cause my shoulder was ugly as fuck!

I searched between the guys’ clothes for something to wear. “What are you doin'?” Brian asked.

“Searching for something to wear, as my clothes don’t fit,” I answered.