49 - Pussycat

I push Patrick on the mattress, and I know he's turned on. I stradled on him as I place my arms between the either sides of his head. The moment I gaze at him, I could feel something's wrong.

"Y/N..." He murmurs as his brows almost met. "Fedora..."

I roll my eyes as he mentioned the name of his stupid cat, who is meowing from the outside, looking for Patrick. I stood up and watched him as he opened the door and took his cat.

"What'cha doing here, bud?" He said, brushing its head. He took his stupid pet on his arms and sank down on the bed. He kept on brushing its head as the cat gives me a mischievous look.

God knows how I hate that cat. My plans always get foiled.

"Y/N, could you do me a favor?" Patrick said, puppy-eyed.

"What?" I said, picking up my shirt from the floor.

"Can you empty--"

"Fedora's litter box? Sure." I immediately went out.

"Thank you!" He shouted from the room.

---

There was this time that Patrick went out because I wanted a Cookies and Creme-flavored ice cream; I was left with this cat as we watch TV. Then, I got distracted by a message from my phone.

Fedora suddenly jumped on my lap, making me flinch, squeal and drop my phone.

"Get off me!" I hiss as he jumped off. The moment I picked up my phone, I couldn't keep the horror off my face.

The screen's badly shattered.

In irritation, I took his cage and sent him in, locking in as my shattered screen got under my skin. Fedora started to meow, sounding as if he was crying.

I just let him meow inside as black spots suddenly appeared on the top of my screen. I sigh.

Fedora's cries started to get louder when the door bell pinged. When I opened the door, Patrick's eyes landed on the cage.

"What've you done, Y/N?" He said, handing me the tub of ice cream. I present my phone in mid-air as he took his cat from the cage.

"Ask what your cat did," I snapped.

"You shouldn't have caged him." He snapped, collapsing on the ground.

"Whatever. Fuck that cat." I said to myself, as I sashay to the kitchen.

-----

The cat became a major problem when Patrick's asthma attacked. As a result, the cat was in my apartment and it started to scratch on the couch.

Since Patrick's not around, I placed him inside of his cage as I try to find a solution to fix the ripped fabric.

"You have no power here." I said, as I poke my tongue at him.

As I fixed the couch, he kept on begging me to bring him out of the cage.

Just to stop the cat from meowing so much, I pull him out of the cage. As a result, he lashed his paw on me, leaving a light wound on my cheek.

-----

There are many things that I hate about the cat, but I wouldn't forget this one. When the cat got sick? I wouldn't forget that.

It was almost midnight that time and I am in the middle of my precious sleep. All I remembered was my phone ringing violently from the table and when I got it, I fell down on the ground.

It was Patrick. Why would he call this late?

"Patrick, what's the matter?" I ask.

"M-my cat...he's vommitting and p-pale. We have to take him to the vet!" He shrieked.

"I'll be there. Wait for me."

And that night, Patrick kept calling and calling me. All I wanted to do is to make the car fly and arrive in his place without any injury.

When I got there, I saw how Fedora puked and how pale he was. He immediately cupped him on his arms as he rushed to my car.

It broke my heart when I saw the procedures that the vets do on the source of Patrick's happiness. They conducted multiple blood tests and he even has an IV.

I sat next to him, calming him down.

"He'll be fine." I said. He pushed my head to his chest. And we just sat there, loving each other's presence without the cat.

-----

Though his cat never liked me, I just thought of this as a solution so he wouldn't be clingy to Patrick: I bought a female breed from the pet shop for our second year anniversary.

And when I got into his place, Patrick was surprised for my cat, though he knows how much I don't like one. I named mine Wella, and she doesn't despise me, just like Fedora.

So, Patrick and I were watching movies when his cat started to make his move on my cat. I shot a look at him, when Fedora bit Wella's nape.

And, now, if you wanted to know, Wella and Fedora would be having a family.