#19: i am l*ved

Magsimula sa umpisa

The bell rang. I've never been happier to hear that bell go off. I grabbed my stuff and stood. "Yeah sure, I'll definitely tell him all about you." All about how much of a psycho you are and how he should stay away since she would literally stalk him. I've never walked so fast out. I didn't want this girl to follow me. Because most likely, it'd run into Eye Candy and that just wouldn't end well for anyone but those three psycho girls. 

+

It was freezing this late. I was meeting up with Eye Candy after getting a strange text from Hyun Soo to go to the practice room. When I got there, there was talking and it sounded like they were all there. "Hello?" I called down as I walked down the stairs. They all stared at me as I entered the room. All but Hyun Soo looked confused. "What do you guys need?"

Hyun Soo smirked at me. "We need you to help Ha Jin with learning the bass."

My eyes widened and my breath stopped. "What."

"I thought when you said you had someone to teach Ha Jin, you would bring someone who actually knew what they were doing." Kyung Jong said bluntly. I was quite insulted but yet again they didn't know I played instruments either. 

"Oh she knows way more than you guys think. She's the best bassist I have ever seen." Hyun Soo said. My cheeks started to become hot.

"Don't you think you're a little biased?" Kyung Jong stated.

Hyun Soo picked up the bass and handed it to me. "You'll see what I mean."

I wrapped the strap around my body and adjusted my hands and played what I've been practicing lately. The chords flew out of me and everything felt so right. I loved playing the bass. It just felt so amazing. It was the best drug. 

When I finished, I put the bass back down and kept my head down. My hair fell in my face. I looked up one eye at Hyun Soo who smiled at me. He gave me a nod. I looked over at the others slowly and they looked very impressed. 

"You need to stop hiding things from us," Ji Hyuk told me.

I shrugged. "Sorry." My voice was quiet. 

Ha Jin looked at the guys, still amazed. "Teach me." He went onto his knees. "Please teach me, now." I looked down at him, my cheeks felt even more red. I wanted to say no. I felt all nervous with him doing this. And being alone with him completely? God, I get nervous thinking about it.

"Um.. Okay." I could never say no to him. He gave him a smile so happy, my heart melted. I smiled back. 

I looked up at Hyun Soo and nodded. Thanks, I mouthed. He nodded.

+

Lessons with Ha Jin were amazing. He listened to everything I said. And practiced. So much practice. It's like he wanted to impress me every time we met up so I can give him a lesson. This time it was getting late. But I didn't want to leave. And neither did he.

I was showing him a new chord. Adjusting his fingers into the right spots. He was sitting down and i was sitting next to him on his left, wrapping my whole body around to adjust. 
"And if you strum, you'll get a C." He strummed. My tiny hand over his big hand. I smiled and looked at him. I nodded. "Good, good. You're getting the hang of it."

He was staring at me so intently with a smile of his face. My eyes couldn't leave his. I felt the need to keep blabbering on. "It's one of my favorite chords. I love the way it sounds when I strum and the way it makes me feel-"

I was interrupted. With his lips. My heart jumped out of my body. I couldn't breath. I didn't know what was happening. Kim Ha Jin was kissing me. My brother's good friend. Was kissing me. With tongue and everything. I didn't want to leave this kiss. I was screaming inside. If my mouth wasn't busy doing something, I would be screaming on the outside as well. 

We parted. I was still in shook and staring at him like I was. He blushed and looked down. "I'm sorry, I-I just been wanting to that for so long."

"Y-You.." I couldn't get out words. 

Ha Jin looked at him. His face red. "Lee Mi Young, I have had a crush on you since I was 10. I've wanted to kiss you more than anyone. I never thought I'd get the opportunity but then right now..I don't know, it felt.."

"Right?" We both said at the same time. My heart was all over the place. Did I feel like it was right? I couldn't even distinguish any emotion in this state.

His face lit up. He nodded. "Yeah, right..It felt right." We stared at each other for what felt like ages. 

"I should go." I said, picking up my stuff. "Practice that, I'll see you later." I said that all so fast while running up the stairs. 

"Wait, Mi Young!-" I heard him say before I shut the door behind me. 

I stood there for a second. What the hell just happened?

+

I closed the front door and slid down. Our parents would be home soon, so it was only Da Som, Hyun Soo and I. Da Som was usually asleep by now. 

But what happened back there? Ha Jin..kissed me..? I touched my lips delicately with my fingers, where his lips were just over 30 minutes ago.

"So he finally did it?"

I looked up to see Hyun Soo staring back down, holding a smile. He sat down right in front of me. I frowned at him. "You knew?"

He laughed. "Of course I knew. He's one of my best friends. I would know if he liked a girl, let alone my little sister." 

"I didn't even figure it out..How couldn't I..?" My forehead frowned. Why didn't I figure it out?

Hyun Soo put his hand on my knee. "He hid it really well and just ranted to us when he felt he needed to about how much he liked you." He nodded. "He really loves you, Mi Young. I trust him for you."

I stared at him for a second before he got up. He patted my head. "Don't stay up too late, Mi Young." And then he left to his bedroom to sleep. 

He loves me? He really loves me? 

My heart was beating so fast, I couldn't keep up. My breathing was becoming shaky. Butterflies erupted from my stomach. 

Why was I feeling like this? Why was I so nervous about this?

My eyes widen. No..

Did I love Kim Ha Jin back?