The Snow Falls

"They say that if u break a mirror, someone close to u will die."

***********************************

But I didn't.
I didn't feel anything but a hand sliding down my leg.
I opened my eyes.

"NOOOOOO!!! Brandon!!!", I yelled throwing myself on the floor, holding him into my arms.
"BRANDON!!! No......", Erika states falling to the ground.

"Hey......death is not so bad. Being with my friends will make it.....amazing.😌", he says almost laughing.

(Coughs up a pool of blood)

"Why are u happy? You're dying!😖", I said with tears in my eyes.
"Don't worry Melody. Erika......stop crying, u look desperate. It's not a good look on u.", he says smiling through his bloody teeth.😁
"Hey.....all of u guys are good friends.....u all made me laugh.😸Melody........I will never stop loving u. Even though I've gone past it. You were my first love & heartbreak. Promise me that you'll all never stop loving each other................"

He stops speaking. No.........
His head turns sideways, as his body's strength leaves him.
I could feel the warmth of his touch on my thigh.

I let a tear fall.
It goes down his cheek.

Everything slows down around me. All I could see was Erika, Renee, Jakeline's shadows......all breaking into tears. Erika most of all......she lost her only friend that was close to a brother to her.
I lost......myself.
I remembered what Kevin said about the broken mirror...."They say that if u break a mirror, someone close to u will die."
It's come true. Someone did die. Someone who's friendship I adored deeply.
Every piece of memory of Brandon was all flowing back to me...the day he asked me out to the Valentine's dance in 4th grade, his excitement, when I told him I just wanted to be friends, his sadness, the arguments me & him got into, the play-fights him & Erika got into, ha.....even the days where all seemed lost but we all still had each other, for 5 years straight...the jokes that he'd always make & do, e-even the trust that we had in each other......a bond that no one could ever take away............

"You monster........", I said capturing the attention of everyone. They all stared at me with confused & saddened eyes.
"What?", Clamel said with his pathetic voice.
"You......monster. A wounded & alive pathetic monster....while a dear, good friend....is dead."
I said getting angrier.

I could feel my eyes boiling.
I grabbed ahold of Brandon's body & screamed.

"You.....MONNNSSTERRRRR!!!!!", i yelled making him fall to the ground. His eyes & nose were bleeding.
I could feel my necklace getting hotter & hotter.
As I looked down at my neck, I could see my necklace floating on its own shining brighter than the sun, moon, & stars combine.

My eyes could fall off from the beautiful lightness but all I could feel was anger.

(Howls)

I howled & could feel the earth under me shaking.
Everyone grabs ahold of one another as Clamel is screaming in pain.

"You will pay for what you've done.", I spoke sounding like a distorted voice. I felt as if I was another person....as if my actions weren't mines at all.
I could feel the presence of a powerful energy surrounding me.

But that is all I see, until everything stops shaking & moving before I passed out.
Now.....all I see is darkness.

************************************