Goodbye

It's been a week now. I've been a little off lately. I barely wanted to go out & barely eaten.
My mind was somewhere else. It was focused on the letter.
Right now, the squad & I decided to help set up the party for tomorrow.

"Hey, Mel! Can u pass me that tape right over there?", Lexi asked from up the ladder. I picked up the duct tape that was on the table.
"Here.", I handed the tape to her.
"Thanks, luv.😄", she said smiling.

I continued to do what I was tasked. Which was, to do the banner.
I was asked to draw/write in big, bold letters, "Happy Birthday Daniel".

"That looks great.", Renee compliments to the sign.
"Thanks. I really hope Daniel will like it.", I stated worry that it might look ugly or slanted.
"Never mind like it...I think he'll fall in love with it.", Shari comments coming towards us.

They both went back to helping with the cake in the kitchen upstairs & I resumed drawing.

After about 2 hours, I finished.
"Wow! It looks amazing!", Mariah says admiring my work.
"Yeah. I could've finished a bit earlier but, I wanted to add a few touches.", I said getting up & stretching my legs.
"Well I think it turned out great.", Kevin says finishing setting up the tables with Jakeline.
"Ok. Lexi, Dev. Let's put the sign over there.", Mariah says to Lexi & Devin, who were putting up the decorations on the wall.
They both nodded & took both ladders to the front of the room. They carefully put up the banner on the wall.
Below the banner, there was a table where the cake was going to be.

After they both put the banner up, we all stepped back & glanced up at it.
"Wow! It really blends in with the room! You are an arrrtíst!👌🏼", Jakeline points out popping out the r.
"Yeah, this sign is lit as hell!", Devin says.
"Well, my bestie know how to draw hell!😝", Erika yelled & jumped on my back.
"Again! Seriously?!", I asked annoyed.🙄🙄🙄
"Yep!", she said popping the p.
"Sis, get off of her.", Brandon demanded.
"Nope!", she said popping the p again.
He struggled to get her off of me but Erika's grip was too tight. I-I.....can't.....b.....reathe...........

We all laughed & he finally got her off. Finally!
They all went home, while I stayed & went upstairs to Dani's room.

(Knock Knock)

I entered & knocked on the door with my knuckle.
"Hey."
"Hey babygirl.", Daniel said flashing me one of his million dollar smiles.
I walked towards him & as soon as I was close enough, he grabbed me by the waist & tumbled me down onto the bed.

(Both Laughing)

"I can't wait too see how u all decorated the basement tomorrow.", he exclaimed excitedly.
"Yeah...it'll make your day, I promise?", I said smiling. He couldn't go downstairs because, his parents wanted him to be surprised tomorrow night. They made him stay locked in his room.

(Silence)

After a long moment of silence, I decided to ask him something.
"Daniel?......"
"What is it, princess?"
"Do u love me?........"
"Of course I do. What kinda question is that? I love u to hell & back."
"Me too.....please, don't ever forget that I will always love u......no matter what happens......", I said lowkey upset of what I was saying.

I cuddled more towards him, & put my head on his chest.
He hugs me tightly.

Out of the blue, I decide to kiss him.
He kissed back. And it was passionate.
I put more effort into the kiss & he was a bit shocked. I don't ever wanna forget this moment..........
This time, I bit his bottom lip, asking for an entrance. He did & our tongues entwined. I cupped his face into my hands like holding a baby.