Thomas Trevelyan Part 60

Author Note: The Girl Who Fell Out of the Ocean is a first draft and is still raw, I hope you enjoy. 

Bluebell House- Present Day

Charlie awoke with a cloud surrounding him, he kept thinking about the cold he had felt the evening before and the face of the girl, the ghostly girl ran through his mind like a whisper on the wind. 

He shook his head as if he was shaking her from his mind and in that moment when he was stood bleary-eyed at the foot of his bed he really did believe that he would never think of her again, that she was nothing more than his imagination.

May was pottering in the kitchen, they only had one more day at Bluebell house before May had to get back to the kids and they really had to make a decision on whether or not this was going to be their new home. She had already started packing her small suitcase in her typical May whirl wind fashion, throwing things in unfolded that had found their way all over the small cottage.

As Charlie walked from the bedroom to the kitchen a jacket was flying across the room and hit him in the face. She hadn't even noticed Charlie walk into the room, now headless just a body and a yellow jacket for a head. He peeled the jacket away, revealing his sister who had now finally seen him, she frowned at him like he was an untidy thing that needed to be organised as well.

"How are you feeling March, after yesterday?" Said May.

Charlie shrugged.

"It was nothing, just a blip," said Charlie, he raised his big brown eyes at May, he'd always been a terrible liar, when he lied his eyebrows seemed to wriggle across his forehead like to rogue caterpillars reminding May of when they were children. She always knew when he had a problem or secret just by the state of his eyebrows.

She let him lie to her, if they moved here they would a family again, minus February of course, but they would be a family. And families they look out for one another, if March and May and the kids lived in this little house and smashed their lives together once more she would look out for him, and find out what nonsense was going on in that curious mind of his. So, she let him lie and just hoped she could somehow convince him that he belonged with his family  when his life seemed to be pulling him so hard and so fast back to Manchester, back to that girl, Lavinia.

"If you say it's a blip then it's a blip," May smiled.

"I was thinking," Said Charlie.

May sighed and looked at him, why did he always look so guilty these days? May wondered.

"Dangerous," May smirked.

"Funny, not. Look, I was thinking of heading home today, ya no, I should be getting back to work, I've seen the cottage and I've said I'll think about it, what more is there really for me to do here, and we were only going to stay one more day...," Said Charlie while looking at the floor.

May let out a large breath, she knew it was coming, what else was he really going to say? Ever since they had arrived he had wanted to leave of course he wanted to go.

"Okay," said May.

"Okay?" Said Charlie.

"Yes, March, okay, you're not a prisoner, you can leave,"

Charlie was a bit taken back by this he would normally expect a bit more of a fight from May .

"Let's just have a cup of tea in the garden and we can both get going, I've packed at least," May smiled and nodded to her open suitcase.

In their limited time at the cottage Charlie and May had only ventured into the front garden the access was easier and the back garden required a key to two scary looking wooden gates which May had only found this morning. Seeing as they had made the decision to leave Bluebell house May thought this would be the perfect time for her Charlie to take a look at the mystery garden which had alluded them for the past couple of days. And part of her was worried that she wouldn't be back to see the garden or the cottage again so she wanted to make the most of her final hours.