The Begining of The End Part 1

Author Note: This is a first draft and will go through the editing process when I have completed a whole first draft of The Girl Who Fell Out of The Ocean- I hope you enjoy! (All critiques welcome)

I'm so lost and I'm afraid there is no one coming to pull me out of the darkness. If you're there and you can hear my cries, just know I can no longer see the light but, I stretch out my arm all the same hoping that someday I will feel your hand.

~

The Gregory's house was full of noise, a certain type of noise which can only be created when a person or people are going somewhere for the first time. The Gregory triplets, which, it so happened they hated being called were going away to University.

Mr. George and Mrs. Anna Gregory couldn't have been more excited and proud at the prospected at 'getting rid' of their three for the price ones. Sam, the only boy and Andrea the eldest by a whole sixty seconds rushed down the stairs bringing their boxes to the car.

They were nervous, but in truth they couldn't wait to get out and into the world, the thought of being free made them clench their fists in anticipation, giving each other the occasional flickering glance.

Lavinia was the youngest of the triplets and was sat on one of her packed boxes upstairs in her empty bedroom.

She couldn't help but let out a sigh, in her mind it all seemed so pointless, she pushed her long, bright red hair out of her face revealing two, big, green eyes that were filled with tears.

Her curtain of hair fell back in front of her face, sometimes it seemed like it was mocking her, she would push it away and it would fly right back with such insistence. Her mother, Anna had always made such a fuss when she threatened to cut it so she never did, it didn't seem worth the fight.

Lavinia felt agitated she felt separated from her belongings, well one belonging in particular and she couldn't stand being parted from it any longer.

She fell to her knees with such urgency her hair falling in front of her face again, she ignored it and vigorously began ripping open one of her boxes. She gave no thought to the people waiting for her below, and even less regard for the mess she was making, being worried about mess, or a timetable all things that had always seemed pointless to Lavinia.

She threw her belongings all over her room looking for the buried item. She tossed away clothes and shoes and all manner of books that had been bought for the year ahead, she knew she couldn't ease her distress until she found it.

The 'it' in question was a sketchbook, she let out an urgent sigh when she saw its black leather cover sitting at the bottom of the now broken box.

As its soft leather cover touched her fingers, her panic subsided and she thought it curious, she let go of the book in the first place.

She never let it go, the pad was her fifth limb, an extension of her very being, how she could have packed it in a cardboard box like it was nothing no more than books and pens and clothes. Lavinia shook head in anger with herself.

The sketchbook, which was now tightly dancing in-between her fingers was bursting with drawings, drawings of places and people.

It was her most treasured possession and to be without it was for Lavinia to be without oxygen. Lavinia found a blank page toward the back of the book and began to sketch; she couldn't contain herself, she had to draw right then and there.

She was a talented artist, but that was not why she would draw, mostly she would draw to soothe herself like putting a pencil to the page could release some kind of inner pain that was desperate to be let out.