Chapter fifty-nine

Olivia's POV

This place isn't where I truly wanted to be at. The close we got, the angst in me triples and I wished I was somewhere more safe and comfortable.

Like taking a nap and waking up to folded clothes and brunch that Zayn would have done for me.

The driver was a very silent one, Louis tried to make conversation but he wasn't saying a thing, just nodding along.

His stare was transfixed to me from the rearview mirror.

Awkwardly I shift my gaze and calmly brush over my bump.

.....

It's a very elegant setting, it's like a very high profile dinner party, I'm appalled to see ministers here.

I spot my brooding fiancee the first when I trailed my eyes around the place, he has already seen me.

Pure aversion and anger written on his face. Too bad I would be doing more than this.

He coughed on his fist, telling Liam something, before swiftly taking long quick strides towards me.

I took my time to look at his attire, his suit was all black, I liked his ruffled hair and fine looking beard, I even think his frowning face suits him.

My stare is welcoming and gentle, his not much.

When I'm at hands reach, he grabs my arm, "What are you doing here?" He's trying to keep his voice low, gritting through his teeth to prevent any drama or attention at us, as he stared around us, then settled his gaze at me.

"You must not know me well if you think I would leave your side..." I bit back, his nostrils flare as his jaw clenched, "And as for what you did today, you're banned from sleeping with me." I seriously said, his lips twitch to a smirk.

Then he makes me follow him, until we're before an elevator.

"I will not be pushed away, learn to deal with it." I said slowly, emphasizing the words so he gets it. He can move me around as much as he wants, I'll somehow will get back to him.

His hand snapped next to my head where his palm connected with the wall, I jumped up.

"You're really set on making me lose it!" he retorted snappily, I flinched abruptly. "Why are you doing this? It's like whatever I say, you do the opposite...why are you here?"

I could lie, I could make it like I'm going back home but I couldn't continue this, it's about time to be acting as an adult. He won't prevent me either way if I just be honest, since I won't allow him controlling me. "I'm going to tell you the truth because I don't want to lie to you, just don't get mad." I begin, "I wanted to become a bait so your uncle could catch the murderer on act." I let it out, his mouth dropped. "They let you in it for the gathering but nothing more."

He looks hurt, his mouth twists into an angry pout, it seemed like he could put the pieces together on how I'm able to always follow him.

"But why? Why would you do that?" He asked helplessly, his eyes look very sad, like he can't believe me for almost doing this, "You know what that would have done to me..." He glares, I couldn't blame him.

"Because one does anything when they're in love, things they never thought they could, things that surprise us once we do them." I said truthfully, his glaring expression contorted to a sad one.