Chapter twenty-eight

Zayn's POV

I couldn't sleep all night.

For once I thought everything was going to remain smooth...but what did I fuckıng think?

I've been thinking, and thinking, and thinking... I need to get out of this fuckıng bed that has me tied, to take a smoke or just drive around to calm. I wished my fuckēd limbs would feel better already. It's not that I hurt every where like yesterday, but my rib is killıng me.

To top it all, I'm slowly feeling the anger slither in, instead of simmering down.

Why did she lie so easily? I never thought I'd be this hurt about the fact that she hid it from me more than from what I just found out...that's actually not true. Both of those things were too much and she just threw them at me when I wasn't ready.

I can't believe I have siblings...sisters at that. But I won't be bothered to listen to the asşhole called father just because he wants to make it up to his daughters. I won't meet anyone I don't like. I don't need anyone. As of now, I don't want to waste any single thought on him, I want to forget him. He better don't come my way or else...

Sighing, I push my fingers through my hair then tug on the roots. There's an irritating streak of light hitting my face from the window before the bed, in between was a drawer and some chairs, I can't even properly move alone. The meds were wearing off as well. Everything is fuckıng peachy. Not.

Never in a million years would I have expected that information. I'm trying not to think about it when it's not possible. I can't help but feel anger and betrayal, especially from Liv, when the main reason I'm knackered mentally is because of the brooding unexplainable upset feeling I'm having... Why do I fuckıng care? Who gives a fūck about me being alone since I could think reasonably and him having somewhere to go home to? Who cares if I have spent my childhood thinking it was my fault he was gone?

The creaked door made me release the grip I had on the cover.

"Morning." Liv's mum said chirpily taking me by surprise. So a morning person. "It's common courtesy to greet someone back, young man." she scolded, her crystal eyes lower drasticly, but it's in that mother voice that has me, a grown asş man, cover and feel uncomfortable.

"Good morning," I mutter back sounding forced, sighing from the exhaustion I feel.

She's working on that white drawer, taking some meds. She's wearing white nurse clothes. Like mother, like daughter, I guess.

"You're not a morning person, I see," she makes conversation, being way more kind than yesterday, having a light, welcoming expression, "Olivia's that way too." she softly said, my heart raced at the mention of her name. I miss her.

Skirting to me she hands me the pills I had to take, I take them and throw them quickly in, snatching the cup with water from the counter to wash them down.

Liv would have done this, taking care for me, if I wouldn't be so mad at the whole situation we're in because of the mess of her lying to me. I know I've done many wrongs, lied to her too, but ever since we're back together, I have done nothing but try and be honest, besides that fiasco with her father, which I wasn't lying, I just didn't tell her...

I'm glad that she's giving me space at least.

After gulping the water down with two tilts, Liv's mum, whom I have no idea how she's called, takes the cup and puts it back on the nightstand.

I don't feel awkward despite of not really knowing her.

She's contemplating something in her mind while she's staring to the ground, then up to me.