Chapter forty-six

Since sleep was no where near yet, most of my family members went to sleep.

I watch some Tv, suddenly I had another craving. I wanted something salty.

When I'm on the hall I couldn't follow the wish to fill my growling stomach because I found my grandad's intimidating posture before an uncomfortable Zayn, who was relieved when he noticed me. In his eyes I saw a pled to save him from his encounter.

If I wouldn't know better, I'd say Zayn was...afraid? Insecure? Or perturbed...

"What's happening here?" I asked confusedly once I skirt to them.

My grandad walked next to me, putting his arm over my shoulders. He's too calm, it doesn't feel right.

"We exchanged some words as men ought to." Was his explanation, he sternly glanced at Zayn then back to me with his icy blue eyes.

Who knows what happened here. I always feel left out. I hope he hasn't said any warnings to Zayn, that would be so embarrassing.

Zayn was clenching his jaw, I take note of his tense shoulders and curled fists. If grandad said something unsettling I'd understand why he's angry. The pressure Zayn gets from the males in my family is too excessive.

"Don't forget what I told you." He reminds Zayn with a squint of his eyes.

I'm snatched from my grandfather's side when Zayn gripped my arm and put me next to him as if I weight nothing, as if I was a porcelain doll. The softness of his hair tickled my face and I could feel him staring down at me as he breathed me in.

His hand had sneaked around my waist and his fingers clasped my hip, during this he action was glowering to grandad, but I felt like there was fear on his actions. There's a peck placed on my cheek then temple abruptly, like he's assuring himself that it would be alright, whatever it was.

I relish his rough lips, his smell engulfing me and his scruff rubbing on the side of my face.

He nodded stiffly, and after a staring contest, grandad wished me goodnight.

I wonder what that was about.

Not a second later I was puzzled when Zayn's hands pressed on the sides of my face, urging my face to closer and closer his, until I could see his freckle on his left eye clear, he's studying me for a while, my lips had parted.

The expression on my face was questioning, which made him recoil and be cold with me again and he turned on his heal instantly.

I want to reach for his arm but think otherwise, "Zayn, hold on for a second."

He stopped, sighing before he turned around, he quirked his eyebrow in question.

Scratching my ear slightly, "What did he say to you? Was he talking about me or...?" I let the word hang for some different reason he could tell, if there was.

His jaw clenched, "They all talk to me about you."

How annoying that must be...

"I apologize on their behalf...did what he said, upset you?" I'm feeling for him, I really did. Letting away all of our issues, I still don't want him to become upset, I want to support him.

"No." He looked to the side.

He's lying.

"You should tell me." I prob, moving near to him until I'm before him, cupping his face involuntary. I peer up innocently, so he knows my intentions were pure, real and because I wanted to.

He won't. I could tell from his facial expression. After how harsh I was to him, he wouldn't open up to me... I messed us up, the trust we had vanished because of my insecurities.