Chapter thirty-five

Song for the chapter : Tamasha(movie) - Agar tum saath ho

***

The pressure on my bladder made me wake up for the fourth time in an hour, not letting me sleep. I shouldn't have drank water before sleeping but at the same time I didn't want to dehydrate.

After I peed, I was ironically thirsty again and hungry, craving some fattening sandwich.

Huffing, I made my way downstairs after putting on a wide shirt with shorts.

Zayn wasn't at the door anymore. He had been there the whole night which I found out when I had checked on him since I couldn't sleep and heard my mum once ask him to get some sleep in a guest room, he had declined. But now he's no where.

Sadness absorbed me... I was so harsh with him that it makes me feel nonplussed why he still is here. I thought if I'd treat him that way he would leave. It would be easier to get to that park later, without having to lie.

I was barely awake but the more I think about what was going to happen, I get unnerving and restless.

It was now nine a.m., meaning I had twelve hours until I had to get to the big park.

My stomach churns... What if they don't release Tim? What if something bad happens during the supposed 'trade' between me and them? What if by not telling Zayn or even the police, I was doing something that will cause fatal things?

My eyes filled with unshed tears, I was trapped by this situation...

Since I passed through the hall I saw the living room where Zayn was sleeping on the couch... I slowly walk to then lean on the opened door, watching him lovingly.

He looked so peaceful, one of his hands is rested on his stomach the other under his head. His still wearing that cream coloured sweater, not having changed before sleeping.

My feet unwittingly brought me closer to him, I crouch next to him, carefully raking my fingers through his blond dyed hair.

He shifts slightly, his features calm, he doesn't look as tired as yesterday.

Suddenly he peered at me alerted, waking up so brashly, his puffy eyes softening at my wide eyes.

Usually he's a heavy sleeper but it felt like he was sensing me.

"Wow." he lazily says while he smiles, "Waking up to your beautiful face is the best." he said dazzled, my eyes read a nonplussed expression by this. His hand stretched to cradle my cheek, "What are you doing here, babe?" he groggily questioned, thumb stroking over my cheek tenderly, golden eyes roaming my face.

"I..." I had no answer so I had to make up one, he hopefully stares at me, "Don't you have to wake up for work?" I flatly said, taking the hand that was reflexively shifting through his hair away.

His eyebrows lower, "It's Sunday, so no." he muttered, sounding as a scolded child, "How..." he licked his lips unsure, looking down my body, "How are you feeling?"

His eyelashes flickered, honey eyes back up to mine, I nearly soften my flat expression, but I cleared my throat, "Good." It's the truth it was the first time I didn't have morning sickness since days of waking up to empty what I ate the last before sleeping.

He nods and seemed sad...

Sighing, "Do you want breakfast?" I mused calmly.