Chapter Eight

I am back and ready to update and continue writing! Thank you for being patient with me -as always-. I hope you enjoy, and I hope to hear from you soon! :)
xoxo

______

            For a few moments, I remembered this feeling that I once had when we were young. The way that he looked at me then, it's just as he is looking at me now. Though I know there is no emotion shown on his face, I could see it in his eyes: eyes that still have the power to help me rise, or bring me down. I only wished if I could tell if I would be up or down in only a short matter of moments.

         My back was turned to him, eyes turned away from his gaze, only to look at the flames in the fire as they danced and swayed over the burning logs. The dark red and orange ambers filled the bottom of the stone fireplace, keeping the heat from flowing out of the room. I found myself wishing to be consumed by those flames, to fall into warmth and comfort. It's far from what I felt in this moment.

           He words still rung in my head, swaying back and forth like the waves on a stormy sea. I felt shaken, unable to keep my feet firmly planted on the solid ground, swaying from side to side where I stood.

            Skyrin was behind me, his eyes burning a hole in the back of my mind, causing a constant shiver of worry and lust rushing down my spine. My fingers itched to touch him, for him to touch me, hold me close, but I simply looked at the ambers, folding my arms to keep my hands close to me. If I could restrict myself from looking into his eyes or feeling his touch, perhaps I could make it through our... discussion without making a complete fool of myself.

           The castle was quiet, Regina still in the market, the afternoon sun high in the sky, bathing the kingdom in warm light that seemed to touch everything and hold it softly. It was holding everything but me, however. I felt cold, distant, but that dull ache in my heart and my core... it was still there, growing every moment that he stood in my chambers.

            I could smell the scent of sandalwood and natural musk mix into the soft smoke of the fire, lulling me into a calm, collected state, though my mind didn't seem to agree. Thoughts swam around me, spinning me in all directions, only to leave me with a headache and a dull feeling of longing.

            "You have grown quiet," I heard him say behind me. Swallowing the lump that was in my throat, I could feel the shudder that washed over me as his voice wrapped around me like soft velvet. The room was quiet, the soft crackling of the fire mixing in with the deep baraton of his voice, seeming to rumble in his chest before moving out from his lips. "I would ask if you are alright, but I believe we both know why you are this way. I have always had this effect on you," he whispered behind me.

            I could feel the warmth of his breath on the back of my neck, the heat of his body radiating onto me. I could hear the smirk on his words, hanging in the air... hanging with a promise of something, something sinister and dark that called to me.

              "And you seem to have grown arrogant in your time away," I called out, grateful to the gods that my voice did not shake, not like my hands and body. I was trembling, and the closer he came to me, the harder it was to avoid the lust and the shaking of my body. I craved him, wished for him to hold me, kiss me, lay me-

           Do not even dare to think of such things! You are the be married, and in a little under two weeks time.

             He let out a slight chuckle at that, taking another step forward. I could feel and hear his hand reaching out towards me. Before a connection could be made, I stepped forward, out of his touch, turning towards him, keeping my face clear of any emotion.