Chapter Seven

Enjoy my loves!!! :)
_____

            I stood at the edge of the dock, a sickening smile on my lips. I knew it looked overly sweet, and the thought of my lips curling up in joy after the news that I was given... it was enough to cause my stomach to churn like butter. My hands shook, so I clasped them together in front of me, refusing to wave goodbye to Lord Vedil. If I rose my hand now, Skyrin would see the affect that he had on me, even after so many cycles apart.

           He stood behind me, legs shoulder width apart, his face blank of any expression, hands clasped behind his back. I could feel a violet gaze ripping through my skin as he watched my every movement. The air picked up against the golden and red sea, the late hours of the afternoon now upon us, the sun slowly starting to sink into the Red Sea once again.

             Father stood to my side, Mother on his arm, smiling at the boat that was slowly starting to bob away into the waved sea. Tennekoot was flying above head, seeming to be flying circles around the entire sea, large and wide wings easily letting him glide across the wind. I envied him for a few moments, knowing that a female was not able to ever turn into a dragon. It had killed so many children during their first change, and it soon had become very prominent that women were just not capable of that transformation.

            But, with the death of flying, we were given the birth of life, able to mate at the beginning of the year, when our bodies were cycled and ready to bring forth life once again. Perhaps I would be carrying my child in only a few short weeks.

              "You are very quiet, my child." Father spoke, his eyes watching as the ship slowly started to fade into the horizon. I never spoke, just felt the salted wing brush against my skin and hair, the skirts of my dress flowing behind me as I stood on the edge of the dock. Part of me wished to jump into the water, swim after him, leave Skyrin behind.

              Yet, the other part of me was rejoicing, knowing fully well the intentions that we both wished. But, it was my duty to refuse, keep strong and pure for my future husband and King. Well, as pure as I was able to keep myself now.

             "Is there something troubling you?" Father asked as we turned, moving to the carriage, the Palace in the distance. It would take us a short while to reach the gates once again. And I dreaded knowing that Mother would wish to strike conversation, while Father flew above head with Skyrin. If Skyrin flew above to scout. I found myself doubting that very thought. "You are never this quiet, Naomi." He spoke again, stopping and bending down slightly, tilting my chin up with his index and thumb.

             I found myself smiling, giving a small nod to comfort him.

            Though he did not show it very often, I could still see the concern dancing in his aging eyes. I could practically see the cycles adding to the fine wrinkles under his eyes, along with the smile lines that were so prominent when he laughed at something that my siblings or Mother had said or done. He never truly laughed as much wish me, seeming to always keep a closer eye out for me. Was it because I was his only Daughter? Or was it that I would soon be married, being intimate, baring children? Has that caused him to grow more serious with me?

             "I am alright, I simply just have been listening to the waves crash on the shore." I whispered, stepping up the step to sit in the carriage. Mother was behind me, Skyrin having helped the both of us. Father rose a brow at me, only to let out a soft sigh, nodding his head. I had not lied when I told him that, though I suppose that I wasn't being as honest as I should have been. But, surly the small details of my inner thoughts were not needed to be shared. "Truly, I am alright, Father." I said with a smile, hoping to reassure him.