Opening

Hello my loves! Welcome to the third story of the Underworld Series! This book can be read separately or completely on it's own. You won't be missing anything from the other stories, so don't worry about that.

As always, I have to remind you that this book is for a mature audience because of the content and subjects that are inside of its pages. These are added to help the story move along, as they should be. If this bothers you, then this book isn't for you, because this is just what is inside the books. I'm sorry, but that's how I've envisioned these books: to be as close to life as I can make them. However, if this does not bother you, then please continue to read!

I hope you enjoy my loves! :)
______

           "I suppose you think that I'm going to fall to my knees and beg for forgiveness?" I asked, looking at his naked backside from the bed. How could we have gone from a passionate embrace and love making... to arguing over something so simple, but life changing? "I cannot just call off the wedding, Skryin." I said with a hushed voice, tears filling my vision.

            "The only time I except you to fall on your knees is when you pleasure me." He started, turning to look at me over his shoulder, a glare in his dark eyes. I looked away, not wishing to see the hurt there. Those eyes... after all this time, after all the years of being apart, they still affected me to my very soul. "And it's clear to me now that I'm just another male to you." He growled out, bringing the cup to his lips.

              "You know that is not true!" I cried out, standing up from the bed, the warm air hitting my naked body. I felt so vulnerable... so weak. Quickly, I grabbed the silk sheet from the bed, his scent wafting up my nose to great me and cause my mouth to water. He was saying these things... because he believed them to be true? Or just to place another dagger into my heart? "I love you," I said softly, coming to stand behind him. He never turned to look at me, only emptied the glass of the amber liquid.

             "Do not speak lies to me," he growled out, stepping away from me. Heartbreak started to sink into me once more, the strings that had slowly been brought together were breaking once again. Could this really, possibly be it for us? Did he not think me worthy enough to fight for? "You've shown me your true colors, Princess."

             I gasped, the single word like the final, fatal blow to my shattering heart. I had promised my hand to the King... I could not let our people down. This was far greater than I, greater than the way my heart skipped a beat whenever Skryin watched over me.

            As he slipped on his armor, the metal bands on his biceps and wrists returning, he did not look at me like a lover or a childhood friend. Skryin turned towards me, covering in his armor and his stance tall. This was not the man that I had grown to love, he had changed. His time with the guardsmen had turned the little boy into a powerful, strong man. "Please don't go." I whispered, watching as he walked towards the balcony, his intentions of leaving as clear as the moons.

           "It is my duty to protect you, your Majesty." He said with a neutral tone. I let a tear drip from my cheek, holding the sheet close to me. "I shall be flying overhead to look for any signs of danger."

           I watched in a state of shock and sadness as he stood on the edge of the balcony, his body slowly transforming into the black and red Dragon. Biting the inside of my cheeks to distract me from the pain of my heart, I stayed silent. How could he not believe me...? He knew I loved him, more than life itself.

           "Goodnight, Princess." He said before jumping from the balcony. As he fell, I could hear the wind whipping around him, only to see the Dragon rise up and head towards the moons.

            I watched him fly off into the close distance, the moons lights reflecting off of his scales, giving him a soft, purple hue around him. My lip trembled as I walked to the balcony, the sheet tight around my body, covering me from any possibly eyes that would fly overhead.

             He was miles away now, in distance and height, and even from here I could see the heartbreak. His wings did not flap with a smooth, clean motion. It was chopped, sudden, and quick. Very unlike him.

            "Goodnight... Skryin." I whispered, watching in fascination and sorrow from the balcony. Time passed as he came back to the castle, violet eyes never turning to look down at me as I left to head for my bed. Wrapping the covers over me, laying on the side that he had once been only an hour earlier, I let the tears flow freely, and the anger towards him seep into my bones.

           If he believes that I am doing this because of love, he is wrong. And if it comes to the choice of death for me to prove my love, then so be it.

_______

Growing up as the only Princess of Namaria, Naomie has known nothing but love and kindess, along with adventure. After leaving the castle one night before her year of testing was complete, she finds herself in a meadow, following a shooting star. Only to find the star isn't a star at all, but a boy with Wings and eyes of violet flowers.

After leaving her, Skyrin goes to prove himself not alone to Naomie, but to the Kingdoms of the Underworld completely. Brokenhearted from the loss of her first love, Naomie accepts the hand of a King that is off the coast of Namaria, floating in the stars. But, weeks before the wedding and mating ceremony, Skyrin returns, fully intended to prove his love and worth completely.