#11 - Man Periods.

▁ ▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ ░ ▓ ░ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁

╰☆☆Chapter Eleven☆☆╮

╰☆☆ Man periods ☆☆╮

The body of either Miss Potts or Miss Rivers lay motionless where it landed on the ground before me. A strong scent of death lingered in the air. But then, I felt a strange emotion bubble inside me, like a caged lion attempting to escape. I fell to my knees beside the broken corpse, my hands gripping clumps of mud mixed with dead grass.

I heard a hiss in the distance.

Wait, no, that came from me?

My mind became a mess, and I felt my sanity disappearing as if I was being consumed by darkness; it clouded my thoughts.

"Ah, there you—" a voice paused. "What the fuck did you do to Rivers?"

"Get back!" I warned, tilting my head upwards to find Miss Potts, I'm assuming, staring at me with her mouth ajar. The strange emotion surged through me again. "Get back! I-I can't fight it!"

Footsteps caught my attention, and my head moved unnaturally to my right. I saw Steve in the distance. All colour drained from his face as he gazed at the corpse before me. This probably reminded him of his parent's death.

"I'm gonna kill you!" Miss Potts lunged at me, but I sensed something from above before she made the impact. I dove into the muddy grass, dodging her attack. "Bitch! I'll—" Before she could finish her sentence, what looked like moving black smoke wrapped around her body and lifted her into the air.

A blood-curdling scream was cut short as Miss Potts disappeared into the darkening sky above.

Confusion ripped through me. How can a hologram, something that isn't real, kill you? And why is the Magic Council allowing this to happen?

"Elysia?" Steve stepped towards me as I pushed myself off the ground and stood. "It's my curse, isn't it?" He continued to speak, but my mind went blank; all thoughts ceased.

I don't know where the shadow-dweller came from. All I know is that rivers of smoke moved like shadows on the ground, aiming straight for Steve. I inhaled, and for reasons not known to me, I ran. Bypassing the shadow-dwell, I got to Steve first and stood before him.

Steve said something; however, I couldn't hear him; his voice was muffled as if I was below a large waterfall, drowning out all sounds. Or like being beneath water.

I snarled at the shadow stopped meters from us. It rose upwards and then formed a shadow figure that seemed unstable, it flickered in the wind. I suddenly lost all control of my body; it went numb, and I felt empty.

~..~

I was drowning in an empty void, with nothing but darkness all around, and then a tiny spark of light shone from above.

My eyelids felt heavy, as if being weighed by weights as I lifted them. "Miss Bloodvial, welcome back." I recognised that voice as Mr Spellbinder. "How did you defeat it?" He asked as I sat up.

"I...? What?" I now sat on the concrete floor of the dome. Professor Moonshadow stood beside me, her dark eyes staring into my soul. Mr Spellbiner knelt in front of me. "What did I defeat?"

"A shadow-dweller," he told me and placed a hand on my shoulder, gently squeezing it. "No one has ever defeated one before, not even I."

Glancing around the dome, I noticed Steve stood away from me with the group. Each face echoed each other, showcasing confusion and worry with a hint of fear?