ı 03 ı Long Time, No See

Start from the beginning

But it's no use. I begin to let it all out, releasing all the pressure inside of me that never seems to go away. You would think that all this crying would make me feel better, but it doesn't. Klaus stares at me with immense sadness, as he's never really seen me in this state before. Frankly, I don't think I've ever felt this kind of pain and sadness before, and I have no idea what to do with myself.

Klaus closes the gap between us and wraps me in a tight hug, his arms wrapping around my back strongly as we stand there frozen. I keep my arms at my side, letting myself cry as he holds me. Usually I would object to his kind of gesture, but at the moment I can't think, never mind pronounce words. For some reason I feel that if he just squeezes me hard enough, all my broken pieces will fit back together. But I know that will never happen.

He releases me and stands back, his hands still on my shoulders. "Let's talk," he smiles, motioning towards the living room.

∆ ∆ ∆

"So it's a baby girl?" I ask, noticing his lock screen picture. 

"Indeed it is. Her name is Hope," Klaus beams proudly, staring at the picture.

After I sent Theo to bed, Klaus and I started talking, seeing as in a year and a half a lot of things can happen. Nothing much has really happened to me, but to Klaus he's built a life for himself.

"She's beautiful," I compliment.

"I would like for you to meet her one day," Klaus smiles, sipping on his glass of soda.

"How's Elijah?" I ask, curious as to how he's handling his grief these days.

"He's doing fine, I guess you could say. I think he's found himself a girl too," Klaus smiles mischievously, making me smile. The thought of Elijah finally finding happiness makes me happy, even if deep down I loan for that feeling.

"What about you? Have you found yourself a girl?" I question, raising my brow.

Klaus laughs, but his cheeks have flushed. "You have! Haven't you!" I exclaim.

"I don't know where we stand, but her name is Cami. I think you'd like her," Klaus says, picking up his soda and finishing the glass. "Do you have anything stronger? Perhaps beer? Vodka even?" He smirks, placing his cup down.

I smile but shake my head. "I got rid of every bottle I ever owned," I state, staring at the floor. I don't feel the need to mention the hidden bottle in James's truck. 

"That's a big step, especially for you," Klaus jokes. "Why'd you do it?"

"Because I was tired of trying to mask the pain," I whisper.

Klaus nods in understanding as his expression softens. He leans forwards in his chair so his elbows are resting on his knees, his eyes staring deep into mine. "You never did answer my question, Blair. How are you?" He asks.

I gulp and look away from Klaus's pleading eyes, fearing that I'll break down again as I've just calmed down. "I'm doing okay, Klaus. Really. I have a new house, a paying job, new friends, and I have Theo," I explain, hoping that is enough to convince him I'm okay.

"Mmmm," he hums, nodding his head, but I can already tell he doesn't believe me. "I happened to notice James's truck in the garage," he points out.

"Yeah, so? What was I supposed to do? Let them give it away?" I ask, waving him off.

"What about the blue bin filled with empty tissue boxes?" Klaus questions, and for that I have no explanation.

"So what? I cry, is it that big of a deal? I mean isn't it an expected reaction once the one you love dies?" I snap.