Prologue

6 months ago

Today is...well I honestly don't know how to put it...special, big, and just great. Spring, the season of love. Even the weather is celebrating. The sun wasn't too bright or cloudy and the leaves were swaying slightly in the breeze. It just looked like a day where the shoe stores in the whole word would throw a discount sale. Now you might ask why I am feeling special. Is it because I landed myself a new client? Is it because I got my hands on the latest copy of 'the cursed child'? Did the love of my life propose me? Well, the last one already happened.

Why was today special? It's not because Olivia and I are trying to bond or anything, In fact, I know her more than I know Ashley, from her favorite blue sandals to her favorite blueberry jam (she likes almost anything that is blue). Simply put I have a better relationship with her than my mom. At least I can guess what she thinks most of the time, unlike my mom.

It's just that today is the big day when I go to buy my wedding gown. My mom should have been there too but she had an urgent business to take care. I think she's getting me something for my big day and being discreet, let's just hope she will be sensible and not get me a new pair of Victoria secret panties like she did when I reached 18.

So, I'm going with Olivia, and Ashley wanted to tag along and help me choose better because- and here I quote - if her wedding photo is any indication I think Olivia's going to be horrible at this. Olivia thinks it should have beautiful embroidery while Ashley thinks it should have more stone works on it. I'm waiting for something to catch my eye which they both think is very stupid of me to not to imagine a wedding dress. Besides I'm the bride not them and the groom is Peter. Since there is an unofficial rule that the groom should not see the bride in her wedding gown before the wedding, he's out having some bachelor time with his friends.

Peter and I have been together for two years. We met through his friend Eric, who is practically like my brother. I met Peter at a party which he had thrown when he landed himself a deal with a construction company. Honestly, Eric doesn't need a special event to host a party. Peter and I kind of started going out after that.

Although we have known each other for two years, I have only met his parents when he announced to them that we were engaged. Within no time they arranged a 'meeting-and-bonding' ceremony with the future daughter in law. It was kind of alarming but then I soon realized that apart from an outward look of sternness and the rich aura, they were in fact, two kind love birds. And Olivia is fairy-god-mother-nice.

Ashley and Olivia were going to pick me at 4pm but I was ready an hour early because I was excited. To my surprise, I had a familiar screech of car in the quite neighborhood which tells me that Ashley has arrived.

"I have told you hundred times to drive properly. How on earth did you get a license?" Olivia asked.

"Don't worry, I got it illegally" said Ashley with sarcasm dripping in her voice.

"Why are you guys early?" I asked not even bothering to stop them.

"Olivia said that girls get pretty excited when it's gown shopping" said Ashley

Olivia gave me a smug smile. "And I was right."

"I just finished dressing now" I snorted, "Besides; I think you came early so you can have a chat with Mr. Brooks next door."

Mr. Brooks was a perverted bald headed pot bellied single guy who lives next door to me. Comparing Jason, her husband, and Mr. Brooks, I would take Jason.

Ashley cackled with laughter while Olivia shuddered. She glared at me through the rear view mirror to which I gave her a grin. She couldn't hold on to the glare long after that and reluctantly a smile slipped onto her face.