Love? I didn't know if I loved Harry. I've barely known him a week or so. All I know is I like him, a lot. And he makes me feel like no one else can.

"Well I guess that's all we need then. Thank you for your time," The policemen said, leaving.

"Why the hell didn't you call me?" My dad yelled. I hung my head in shame. I had no excuse, it just slipped my mind.

"I'm sorry," I whispered.

"I just ungrounded you, EARLY, and then this? What would've happened if I didn't show up? They probably would've taken Harry. I'm telling you right now Isabella Cardenas, if sense doesn't start making it's way into your head, I'll ground you and lock you in your room," My dad said, then left to the kitchen with the groceries.

I frowned. I didn't mean to make my father angry. Besides, I knew my father. If I had called to let him know they were here, he would have said to give him fifteen minutes because he's nearly done. But I guess he would have felt better knowing and I could understand that.

Harry and I made our way upstairs to my bedroom. I wanted to ask him why the police act like that with him, and what my father meant when he said he didn't care what people said about Harry. But I had a feeling that it wasn't something Harry wanted to be asked. But I did anyway.

"Why do the police act that way with you?" I blurted quickly, playing with my fingers.

Harry furrowed his eyebrows, "I don't know what you mean," he lied. I frowned, surprised he would lie to me. But I guess we weren't as close as I thought we were.

"You can tell me, don't lie," I said softly.

"What makes you think I'm lying?" He asked angrily. I bit my lip. I didn't want to turn this into a fight. But I wanted to know, curiosity was getting the better of me.

"The police guy at Starbucks, the way he said for you to stay out of trouble. It was like you're always getting into it. And if the police are involved tha-" I was explaining when Harry cut me off, standing up and glaring down at me.

"It's nothing," He snapped suddenly, before pushing by me. I fell to the ground landing on my butt softly. But Harry just kept walking and soon I could hear his car starting.

My lip trembled. That's not how I wanted that to go. I didn't mean for Harry to get mad at me.

At least now I know he's got things to hide.

----------------------------------------------

In the morning, Harry didn't come pick me up. I was disappointed. I thought he'd come and we could both apologise. I know I had been in the wrong. It was none of my business to go getting my nose in his.

Thankfully, Jake didn't have to go to school until later, and offered me a ride. Jake is a senior at different high school. He was asked to go to that high school by the principal because of his academic achievements. Unfortunately my dad couldn't afford for us both to go there, and I was okay with that.

When I got to school, there was a big herd of people surrounding someone. I also saw Harry leaning against his truck.

First I went to the herd and squeezed my way through to see what the ruckus was about. A boy my age was standing there. He had blonde hair and was pretty tall. His face was flushed red and he looked terrified, like he could have a panic attack any moment.

Our town was small and we didn't get many new people. So when we did it was havoc for the poor person. I felt sorry for the poor boy.

I quickly snatched his hand and dragged him out of the herd. All the while telling people to calm down. They listened thankfully and dispersed.