Part 55

Part 55

~~~

Upon seeing Jace with a greeting smile, she automatically frowned. As obviously, she hadn't moved on the fact that someone just attempted to kidnap her again. And the kidnapper to be another mate again.

     "I'm really sorry about that yesterday. If you're free tomorrow, I'll make up my mistake with a date," said the person who was possessed by a demon.

       Rys immediately rejected him with the most polite reply she can muster. "No thanks. I'm busy tomorrow."

      Before he could even speak another word, she opened her mouth again. "I will be also so busy in the weekends. I don't think I will be free in the next few weeks."

     Jace looked taken aback and seemed to easily believe her words. With a forced smile, he nodded.

      "Oh, okay. Tell me when you're free. I'll gladly prepare a date for us." Rys let out a weak laugh and waved her hands off slowly at him.

      "Haha, you don't really have to that. Just saying sorry is enough for me." The man shook his head, not agreeing with the girl.

      "No. Words are not enough," The demon said seriously. Rys gazed at his dark colored eyes and saw the apologetic emotions behind it.

       Rys's lips went straight. She doesn't want to hang out with him; that's for sure...but. But he...

       "But to me, it is enough," Rys said while returning back his grave gaze, standing firmly on her decision. Jace's eyes widened for a while before finally nodding his head in submission.

      "Fine," he mumbled. The black haired girl let out a victorious smile before heading straight to her classroom.

      As Rys had entered her classroom, she noticed the empty seat of her best friend Pinkie. Confused, she stared at it for awhile before shaking the curiousness off.

Meanwhile~

Back in the witch's domain, Theresa, in boredom, was watching the mateless pup swallowed down the cooked meat. She let out a yawn while Tyre continued to giddily eat.

      "Are you sure that you don't want some, witch?!" The pup asked the witch while he was chewing the meat.

      Theresa's nose cringed at the smell of the meat. She quickly let out a weak smile and shook her head. Tyre ignored her and chomped down the last piece of his favorite food.

       When the old woman was about to doze off, she found herself being called by someone unseen.

      Theresa, it called out.

      The old witch took a look at her companion who was engrossed with his eating.

       Theresa, it called out again, It's me, Colena.

       Theresa's gray eyes widened. In an instant, she stood up from her seat and headed to her room, so she won't be interrupted by anyone.

       Is that really you? The old witch asked with reluctance in her hoarse voice.

      Duh, it responded. Awkward silence followed with the rolling of the old witch's gray eyes.

      No wonder that nobody likes you, the old witch muttered.

      I heard you! An invisible Colena shouted, but aren't you the one who's mateless from us two.

       Theresa went quiet. She silently curled her hand into a fist.  Yeah, and that's unfair...

    She heard Colena chuckle, telling her that her friend cannot simply read the atmosphere now.

     Well, yeah, but anyway, haven't you heard the news of your foster grandson, Theresa?

     At the mention of him, Theresa's face immediately went into concern. She slowly sat down on the edge of her bed and asked her friend.

     So what? S-so what about him? Did he do something again?

     ...Silence...

      Don't you feel it, Theresa? The school and I can't feel his presence, Colena said gradually and calmly.

       "..."

     The air went cold when the old witch heard those words, but she remained stoic on that.

       There- Well, only for a moment.

      "That idiotic grandson of mine! So, are you telling me he's dead?!" Theresa went suddenly loud. So loud that it distracted Tyre outside in the dining room.

      "Are you okay, old woman?!" In a moment later, the pup knocked on the door and asked the old woman.

      Theresa rubbed her temples. "Yes, yes, I'm okay. I'm just practising yelling for future purposes."

      She heard Colena snickered. While the pup, still confused, answered an unsure sounding okay to her.

      Wow, nice excuse, Colena sarcastically complimented the old woman on which Theresa rolled her eyes.

      So about Pars? Theresa asked; her voice switching to a whispering tone.

     Oh, about him, we can't sense him. It has been a few days when we lost track of him. But don't worry though, we're not sure if he's dead or still alive and kicking, Her friend informed.

      Theresa groaned, annoyed. Geez, that stupid Pars! I told him to be obedient at school!

      Well, you can't blame him. He's still a kid, Colena remarked.

     "He's not a kid; he only acts like one," the old woman muttered under her breath as she decided to trace her foster grandson herself.

     Once their call connection had ended, the old witch chanted a spell that might traced her back to the body of her foster grand son.

      She closed her eyes. And opened it later, only to see a decaying body in front of her in an abandoned place...

A/N: Sorry for keeping you waiting.