Chapter 8

Here I am! I have returned from Schooles. Well actually I returned last Monday... but it was the best weekend of my life!!! And I graduated on the Thursday!!! :-D Hopefully I will get into uni and be going next year, but until then I need to find a job and earn some money and find things to fill me time up with. I really hope you like this chapter because I've been writing it for about the last 3 hours and it has been fun. Feedback in the comments or inbox would be great.

***

“Are you okay. Love?” Niall asked, checking out the purple bruise on my face when we were sitting backstage together after the show.

I nodded, “Yeah, I’m fine. It only hurts when you touch it.”

“The rest of the boys have gone back to the hotel already so do you want to go too?” he asked when he was convinced that I was okay.

I took a moment to ponder his question before answering, “Or we could go to a pub and grab a quick drink?”

“That sounds good too, but only one. I don’t want to wake up hungover tomorrow afternoon if we’ve got a matinee show,” he explained.

“Don’t forget that we’re going exploring tomorrow night too!” I reminded him, “But that sounds like a great plan.”

“Let’s go then,” Niall grabbed his jacket off the couch we were sitting on and we both stood up, “I noticed a little pub on the same street as our hotel so we’ll go there.”

We left the arena through the back door even though we knew that there wouldn’t be many girls out the front due to the concert finishing over an hour ago. Niall opened the door of the car for me and we both slid in and instructed the driver just to take us back to the hotel. We didn’t exactly plan on telling him that we were going to the pub in case the driver had been told not to allow us to go out, so we decided that we would just leave through the back exit of the hotel and walk to the pub after we were dropped off. When we arrived at the hotel, security had gotten rid of the crowd of fans so we were free just to walk through the front door.

After we were safely inside the building Niall shot a quick look behind us to make sure that no one was following us and he grabbed my hand and led me to the back exit. The fans didn’t know about the back door so there was no need to security to be guarding it so we were easily able to leave without being caught. This door took us to the dimly lit street behind the hotel where half of the street lights weren’t working. It looked like the kind of street that your car would get stolen from. It didn’t exactly look like the safest place to be walking alone in the dead of night and I felt Niall tighten his grip on my hand.

“So just one drink, then up to bed?” I confirmed with Niall with a smile.

He nodded, “Yeah sorry to ruin your night, but I’m exhausted.”

“Hey, you’re not ruining my night!” I protested, “You invited me on this tour so every night is your night and you get to decide what we do.”

Niall smiled down at me, “Okay, except tomorrow. Tomorrow is your day and you want to go shopping and exploring.”

“Yes I do,” I nodded, “But you don’t have to come shopping with me, I just want something nice to wear tomorrow night.”

“Tomorrow sounds like a special night if you’re going out specifically to buy something to wear,” Niall smirked.

“It could be,” I said vaguely, teasing him.

While I liked him and he seemed to like me, and I was the one being paid to date him, I still wanted Niall to be the one to make the first move.

“Well, I guess we could go to dinner,” he suggested, playing along and making it sound like dinner with me would be a drag.