Chapter 2

Here is the second chapter! I really hope that you liked the last one, and this one. All feedback is welcome and would be greatly appreciated.

5 votes for the next chapter.

***

My dark brown hair covered my face in knots when I woke up the next morning still dressed in the same clothes from the night before. I lifted my hand to shield my blue eyes from the strip of light shining in my bedroom window. Slowly, I dragged myself out of bed and attempted to pull my hairbrush through my hair. When I was satisfied that all of the knots were gone I changed into a pair of black leggings and a white t-shirt before making my way to the kitchen to get some breakfast.

“And finally she has risen!” Sam announced when I stepped into the kitchen.

“I take it the party was good. I went to check on you this morning and you were wearing a guy’s hoodie,” Josh laughed.

“It wasn’t like that,” I groaned, “I hit my head and passed out so this guy was nice enough to lend me his jumper to wear home because it was cold.” I left out the part about it being Niall Horan.

“Are you okay?” Alice jumped up from the couch over to me to make sure I was okay, her blonde ponytail flicking Sam in the face as she did so.

“Yeah I’m fine now,” I said as Alice moved my head around to examine it.

“Did anyone happen to leave me something for breakfast?” I questioned, turning my attention to the boys.

“There are a few pancakes on a plate for you in the fridge,” Josh replied, pouring me a cup of coffee and passing it to me.

“Thanks,” I took a sip and opened the fridge to reveal three pancakes on a plate, “Good, I’m starving!”

“What’s the plan for today?” Josh asked sitting down with me at the table.

“Not sure. What are you guys up to?” I turned to Alice and Sam who were cuddling on the couch.

“I was thinking of just having a lazy day in,” Sam replied, “Maybe watch a few movies.”

“Sounds good,” Josh said as he made his way over to the TV cabinet to pick out some movies.

“I think I might go to the gym and for a run,” I decided and began stuffing my face with pancakes.

Josh, Alice and Sam picked out two movies to watch while I went to go and brush my teeth and get ready to go to the gym. I had decided that what I was wearing was suitable so I put on some socks and my sneakers and pulled my long hair up into a ponytail. Standing looking in my mirror, I noticed Niall’s green jumper hanging over the end of my bed and without even thinking I went and put it on and did the zip halfway up. It was a bit big on me so I had to fold up the sleeves to use be able to use my hands. I grabbed my ATM card and bus ticket and shoved them in my pocket before plugging my headphones into my phone and started playing my exercise playlist.

“I’ll be home in a couple of hours,” I waved to my roommates on my way out the front door.

The sky was cloudy and the air was slightly chilly when I stepped outside but there was no wind; perfect weather for a run. I turned my music up louder to block out the sounds of light traffic passing me as I jogged along the footpath. After half an hour I found myself on the other side of town. Conveniently, it was the side of town that Niall lived on. I pulled his jacket that I was wearing around me tighter as a quick cold breeze passed by. It had that ‘man smell’ that clothes have when guys wear them a lot, and I realised that I wasn’t ready to give it back just yet. Taking in the empty street, I decided to take a detour and run by his house, just to see what it looked like during the day.