Chapter 10 ~ A Dawn of War...

Hey guys! We're so sorry we took so long to update, but we've been really busy with so many different things and don't worry - we've been talking about our book the whole time in school!😂 We hope you enjoy this chapter, it was really enjoyable writing this one💞

************************************

Helaena's POV ~ King's Landing

I hold onto the tree, gasping for breath. I'm almost there, I can see the camp.... I think in relief. I'm just about to sprint off with my sudden burst of adrenaline, when I hear metal slashing wood and a man crying. Frowning, I slowly make my way to the source of the noise, the fallen leaves crunching under my feet, my hands trailing lightly along the trees beside me. I cautiously walk into a small clearing and see the back of a tall armoured man, hacking full force at a trunk of a wide tree, crying. I recognise his hair, I could never forget it...

"Robb?" I whisper, approaching him. The sword falls from his grasp, he turns around so he is facing me, his face red and blotchy, tears making their way down his cheeks.

Robb closes the gap between us and pulls me to his chest. I wrap my arms around him and I can't help the tears that start falling. Robb tries to comfort me by caressing my hair while I try to comfort him, but two broken people can't fix each other.

"Father... he-he's " I stutter, "I know" interrupts Robb, he stops caressing my hair and just holds my head into the crook of his neck. "I w-was there, I saw him be..." the words get caught in my throat, "I know" says Robb, his voice cracking as I cling to him tighter.

"I'll kill them all!" exclaims Robb with a sudden burst of anger. "Every last one of them! I'll kill them all!" He continues with a sob, his grip getting tighter, I want to flinch but I don't dare.

Imagines of the Lannisters come through my mind, of Queen Cersei standing above a huge crowd, a condescending look on her face, the image changes to Joffery sitting on the Throne, wearing an arrogant smirk as he leers at the people below him, Cerseillia stands beside her beloved twin, staring down wistfully at the Throne, her eyes full of lust as she smirks, it rapidly swaps to Tyrion, a cup of wine in his clutches, wearing a knowing grin.

"I'll kill them all" Robb whispers, slowly letting go of me. He searches my face, trying to see my reaction, I wipe the salty, wet tears off my face and look down at the mossy floor, "We have to make sure Sansa and Arya is back with us first" I murmur, finally finding my voice. In my mind I see a pair of emerald eyes, a charming grin and golden hair.... What will happen to Jaime? I think, Get him out of your head! I scold myself, gazing at the sword that Robb dropped earlier.

"You ruined your sword" I whisper sadly, my eyes finally meeting his, as I remember the day Father gave him that sword. We were all so innocent and happy, I can't imagine any way that things could go back to the way they were. I reach my arms forward until I'm hugging Robb again, both of us needing the physical comfort, his cold smooth metal armour digs into me but I can't bring myself to care.

A harsh crunch of fallen leaves echo throughout the silent woods, startling both Robb and I, and we immediately look for the source of the noise. There before us stands Catelyn, her firey red hair dishevelled, falling out of it's plait.

"Helaena" she gasps in shock. For once, instead of distaste and disgust in her eyes, there's only sorrow. She rushes over to us and throws her arms over Robb and me, as I clench my jaw, holding the tears back.

I'm done crying I think, Robb grabs my hand, giving it a tight squeeze as our eyes lock.
I have to protect my family, no matter what...