Chapter 8 ~ A Beginning and an End...

Hey guys! We can't believe we have almost 400 reads😱 Thanks so much to everyone who gives feedback, feel free to comment whenever you want, we'll love you😉😘 This has slowly become our most favourite chapter so we hope you enjoy it too! (By the way, in this book we're pretending that Jaime is being forced to leave the Kings Guard , so he's able to marry Helaena)
Karina & Lauryn xxx

***WARNING : CURSING, SMUT, DEATH****

************************************

Jaime's POV ~ Casterly Rock

"God's, why am I feeling so strange... Like I'm, nervous about this or something?..." I murmur to myself as I fix my clothes, taking a deep breath. In the rush of these past few days, it had completely skipped my mind that I am getting married. The Lion of Lannister, Kingslayer, getting married to a Stark?!

The door to my room suddenly swings open without knocking and in walks one of the knights. It's an Oakheart, one of the last ones left. "Eh it's time, Ser" he mutters gruffly, bowing so his greasy dark hair falls over his face. "Yes yes, I know" I reply, rolling my eyes with impatience. As I stride out the door, to my annoyance the only thing that will come in my head is an image of Cersei, lying on my bed and waiting for me with that usual smirk on her face. I shake my head to get rid of the pretty picture. I may be one of the most dishonourable men in the Seven Kingdoms, but this marriage is the one thing I won't mess up.

I walk through the Sept, my eyes scanning the room, looking at all the Lords and Ladies here for the wedding. I scoff quietly at the ones who don't even have the grace to not pretend they are enjoying this. I stroll up to the top of the Sept and stand in between The Mother and The Father. Silence falls over everyone in the Sept. "Rise" drawls the slightly shaky voice of the old Septon. I glance back to see Helaena enter the sept and my mouth can't help but fall open.

She looks beautiful. Her dark brown hair flows down her back in loose curls. A silk white dress with flowy sleeves, clings to her curves and breasts. Little silver Direwolves are faintly seen, embroidered all over her dress and small pearls are sewn all over it. Her cream cloak trails on the floor behind her.

Helaena lifts her gaze to mine and I have the dignity to shut my mouth. I never imagined myself getting married I think, as my soon to be wife comes closer, a smile growing on her face without her knowing it. I hold my hand out for her to take and she quickly does, her soft hand enveloped by my own.

The Septon smiles an almost toothless grin at Helaena, then turns to me "You may now cloak the bride and bring her into your protection" Helaena lets go of my hand and turns around. Her cloak is green along the outline, cream in the center and has again, small direwolves all over it, which are grey this time. I gently take off the heavy thick cloak off her shoulders and hand it to some distant cousin of mine, who eagerly hands me back the red and gold Lannister one.

Helaena smiles at me over her shoulder as I place the Lannister cloak on her. I look back at my Father with a proud smirk, who is watching with an unreadable expression on his face, from the first row, as the Septon proclaims "My Lords, My Ladies, we stand here in the sights of Gods and men, to witness the union of man and wife. One flesh, one heart, one soul, for now and forever".

Helaena and I grasp hands again, this time the Septon ties a piece of ribbon around our hands. It's was an unusual mix of colours, her house's colours and mine, little lions and little wolves. "Let it be known that Helaena of House Stark, and Jaime of House Lannister are one heart, one flesh, one soul. Cursed be he who tries to tear them asunder" proclaims the wrinkly old sod. "In the sight of the seven, I hereby seal these two souls, binding them as one for eternity".