Chapter 9 ~ Gone...

OMG we almost have 500 hundred reads 😱 We can't believe that we're going up nearly 100 reads per chapter! Thank you guys so much💕 As always please vote and comment what you thought of the chapter! We lose a very dear character....
Karina and Lauryn xx 😙

Helaena's POV ~ Casterly Rock
The warm sunlight is heating the skin of my lower back, I snuggle into my soft pillow, which is raising up and down slightly. Wait... pillows don't move.... I think, half asleep. I squint open my right eye, looking up.

I jump, almost screaming. Who the fuck is in my bed?! I question myself frantically. I scan their sleeping face and immediately recognize who it is. It's Jaime of course, he looks so peaceful when he's sleeping, it almost makes me forget that we are now husband and wife...

Suddenly I remember how last night ended. Gods, I shouldn't have had all that wine... Tywin Lannister probably thinks I'm the biggest fool in Westeros now.... I groan, shoving my head into the crook of Jaime's neck, being careful not to wake him. Jaime murmurs some words I can't make out, and moves his hands up around my waist, pulling my body closer to his. I flinch slightly, his warm hands gripping the bruises those same hands made last night.

I close my eye, pretending to be asleep. Jaime's hand starts moving around until it stops at a scar. It was the scar I got from the wildling when he attacked me. "I told her she would have a scar" murmurs Jaime, still half asleep.

I surprise him by kissing his neck, going up higher until I'm kissing his jaw. I feel his rough stubble against my lips. "Morning" whispers Jaime, his voice deep and sexy. The muscles in his jaw move as he starts smiling.

He grabs my face and shoves our lips together. As we battle for dominance, feeling generous I let Jaime win and he searches every corner of my mouth with his tongue.

"Um excuse me" mutters a weak voice. I look up to see some squire standing awkwardly in the middle of our room, staring at my naked body, I quickly grab the smooth silk bedsheets and use them to cover my body. Now that my body is covered he moves his gaze to Jaime's privates and I frown, hastily moving to sit on his lap so we're both covered by the red and gold sheets. Jaime sits up, leaning against the wooden head board, engraved with lions. He pulls me down so my back is pressed against his chest.

"What do you want?" questions Jaime, annoyed at being interrupted. "Um... there's a letter for Lady Helaena" reports the squire, stumbling over his words. He rushes over to the bed, handing me the letter. "You can leave now" instructs Jaime, rolling his eyes, I smile awkwardly at the squire as he runs out of our spacious chambers closing the ajar door behind him.

"I wonder who this is from" I ponder aloud. "Open it and see" responds Jaime, placing his head on my shoulder. Looking at the scroll curiously, I untie the ribbon that was carefully wrapped around it. I unroll it and begin reading.

King Robert is dead and a new King takes his place, "Robert's dead" I gasp in shock, Jaime goes to grab the scroll from my hand but I hold it out of his grasp, Your father sits in the dungeon awaiting trial. Father!? Oh no, I should have never left... I think, holding the parched scroll tighter between my fingers.

I fear for his life my Lady...
If the trial doesn't kill him, the injures he received from your husband and his men will. "Father" I whisper, my voice cracking. Suddenly I feel a surge of anger. "Helaena, what happened?" asks Jaime impatiently, reaching for me.

The sound of the slap echoes throughout the room, Jaime holding his hands to his face in shock. I can already see the bright red handprint forming on his face. "YOU ATTACKED MY FATHER AND MADE ME LEAVE MY FAMILY WHEN THEY NEEDED ME" I shout, my eyes filling with tears as I think of all the lies he told me. "I have to go" I state shakily, holding the bedsheets tightly to my body. I get off the bed but before I can leave Jaime grabs my hand, stopping me. "Helaena" he pleads, his eyes begging, his golden hair ruffled. "Don't" I hiss before sprinting out.