Chapter 4 ~ A Bonding Moment...

Helaena's POV ~ Winterfell

We walk into Winterfell, Jaime's arm wrapped around my waist holding a piece of fabric to my bleeding wound.

"What were you doing in the woods?" asks Jaime, his voice judgemental. "Oh you know, going for a casual ride, killing two wildlings, saving a Princess aka your niece, a typical day really" I reply sarcastically, keeping my gaze at the ground.

"Why were you crying?" I look up at him sharply "Who said I was crying?" I mutter, glaring at him. Jaime gives me a blank face and replies "I can see the tear stains on your cheeks".

Not answering I just stare at his face, getting slightly captivated to my embarrasment. His jaw is as sharp as a blade, his hair looks silky and soft, shining brightly like gold, and his eyes are a bright piercing green, like Lyanna's, I notice."I know I'm quite dashing but you'll have plenty of time to stare at my face when we're married" Jaime remarks with a snort of laughter. "Are you going to answer my question or not?" He adds.

"Maybe I was crying, what's it to you?" "Helaena, I'm your betrothed, it's my job to look after you now" he says gently. " I'm quite alright looking after myself thank you" I reply hotly.

"Sure you are " laughs Jaime, nodding his head down at my wound, narrowing my eyes at him "A stitch or two and it will be fine, I think I did well saving the Princess' life from 5 wildlings"

Grabbing the piece of fabric off him,  I hold it to my wound myself and start pacing quickly to the Maester's Chambers. "Heleana, where are you going?" I hear Jaime shout.

Rolling my eyes and not even bothering to look behind me, I shout back "I'm off to the Maester's Chambers obviously" I hear Jaime's golden Kingsguard's armour clinking as he rushes over to me. " You don't honestly think I'm going to leave you go alone?"

"A girl can hope Ser Jaime" I laugh, smiling. I knock on the door of the Maester's chambers and shortly after I hear Maester Luwin call out "Come in"

I open the door to the chambers and stroll in, immediately feeling the heat of the fire. I smile at Maester Luwin and sit down on the cot in the far corner of the room. "What happened to you my dear?" questions the Maester rushing over to me, carefully looking at the wound through my leather.

"Oh you know, I had a run in with a few wildings, no big deal" I say airily, flinching when he pokes and prods the wound.

"I'm guessing they are faring worse then you Haelena " jokes Maester Luwin, a smile on his face. I look to my side when a chair is suddenly placed there by Jaime. I am just going to tell him to leave but then I sigh, giving up.

"You'll have to take off your leathers Helaena, so I can get to the wound" says Maester Ludwin finally.  Looking at Jaime out of the corner of my eye, I take off my scarab and let it fall to the floor with a clank, I then take off my leather vest, leaving me in only a plain white blouse and my leather pants.

I see Jaime stare at my breasts which the outline can be seen of through my blouse. "Knock it off!" I hiss at him quietly while Maester Luwin lifts up the blouse to get a proper look at the wound. It's a wide gash from the front of my hip to my back, oozing blood at a slow pace. "That'll leave a scar" comments Jaime. Ignoring him I look at Maester Luwin who places a pot of wine over the fire. "I think scars are sexy, don't worry" whispers Jaime in my ear. "Will you shut up" I glare at him.

Maester Ludwin walks back over to me, pot in hand " I can always give you the milk of the poppy, then you wouldn't feel any of this" he says. "No no, I can handle it" I murmur, gritting my teeth. "Bite on this" he commands handing me a piece of leather."It would be best if you had something to squeeze, Ser Jaime?" He adds.