Chapter 3 ~ Fate...... Horrible Fate

Warnings: Smut (sex), nudity, swearing, Your heart may break a little too ;)
Look how lucky ye are with two chapters in one day 😈😂

***********************************
Helaena's POV ~ Winterfell

"Do you want the good news or the bad news?" My father asks me while pacing his study, The King drinking Winterfell dry of ale from his goblet and sitting at Father's desk.

"I don't think there's any bad news if you ask me" comments Jaime, lounging in a worn leather chair, Father turned to him and snaps,  "No one asked you, did they? Kingslayer"

"Father! There's no need for that" I exclaim. I sigh deeply, "Just tell me the bad news first, better get it over with" I murmur, sitting down in the chair next to Jaime.

Father stops pacing and kneels in front of me, his hands on my knees. "I don't know how to say this to you Helaena but......" he explains, his voice trembling slightly "You are to wed the Kingslayer...." he finishes, glancing at Jaime with shame.

I stare at him, baffled. Me?
The Bastard of Winterfell, Ned Stark's bastard who supposedly looks like her dead aunt Lyanna?!

"And what's the good news?" I mutter weakly, still shocked that I'm going to wed the man that rumours say, sleeps with his sister.

"THAT'S THE SPIRIT GIRLY!" bellows Robert finally looking up from his ale. "Here, read this!" He throws a scroll towards me. I am just about to catch it but Jaime catches it instead and hands it to me,"Here you are, my Lady"

"Thank you" I murmur, grabbing the scroll from his hand, I look at the official royal seal on it and then glance up at Father who doesn't notice, as he is just glaring at Jaime. The Kingslayer shifts in his seat and looks at me expectantly, I slowly break the dark red seal, waiting to wake up from this strange dream.

I gasp and almost drop the piece of snow white paper. I stare at the scroll, shocked. This can't be true.

I'm legitimised! I'M NOW A STARK!

"Welcome to Ladyship, Lady Stark" smirks Jaime. I peek at him. "Thank you, my Lord" I reply, trying to keep the act of politeness up.

"No My Lords, you can call me Jaime" he leans in closer so he is whispering in my ear "Or would you rather call me My Lord" his lips touch my ear.

I lean away from him. "No no Jaime's fine" I say quickly. I look up to see Father still glaring at Jaime after all this time. "May I be excused?" I ask him, I hadn't noticed that he had moved from the floor in front of me to the window of his study while I was reading the scroll. The sun was shining down on his face and I could finally see how troubled he looked.

Finally looking up at me he replies. "Yes, yes of course" his mind somewhere else, I hurriedly get out of my seat and rush to the door.

"Want me to escort you Helaena?" I hear Jaime call after me. I don't bother turning so I just have my back to him. "I've lived here all my life, I think I know my way around" I state sarcastically.

Bolting out the door I close it behind me and lean against it for a few minutes. Lyanna is waiting for me outside and when she sees me she rubs herself against my leg, knowing something is wrong.

"Go look after Rickon and Bran will you? Make sure Shaggydog and Summer are behaving" I tell her, She conks her head to the side and looks at me for a long time. With a small whine, she leaves.

I push myself from the door with a heavy heart... how in the old gods will I be able to tell Robb, I could feel my lip quivering but I quickly bite it to stop it's movement. Oh Robb