Chapter 33, Home Again.....

Start bij het begin

‘You know for a Beta, you’re actually really fat and heavy’!

I’m assuming Charlie didn’t like my comment, his knee digging further into my chest as his hands pulled at mine in which the controller was tangled in.

‘You’re being awfully smart for someone who is pinned down you know; you reek so much of Cody, did you even shower this morning’!

That was seriously not funny!  Using all my body weight to hang onto the controller, it would most likely break in half at any minute as I waited for Charlie to get a fairly good grip on it before letting go and seeing him tumble off the lounge.

Chuckling as I got up to my sitting position, Charlie was rubbing his butt like the fall had actually hurt when really we all knew it didn’t.

‘Why are you so mean Vera, you’re supposed to be the Luna, you know the nice leader of the two’?

Oh if only that were true, Charlie was just been a sore loser because he couldn’t get the controller off a girl.

‘You’re just jealous Charlie; you wish you were Luna’.

A weird noise echoed around the room as Charlie looked back at me.

‘Are you implying I’m gay or something’?

Charlie was definitely offended way too easy; he was completely focused, waiting for me to say the next word like his life depended on it.

‘Eeeer, let’s go with the or something then’.

 Going back to his game, I just sat there quietly watching, Charlie still sitting on the floor in front of the couch; his eyes glued to the screen like some gamer.

True to him, Charlie was really good at this game and every other I’d seen him play…. But I wasn’t about to compliment him; Charlie never complimented me after all.

I must have been watching him for a few hours as I heard the front door creak open soon after, a much calmer Cody walking through the door, his eyes meeting mine as he stepped through.

Gesturing for me to follow, Cody didn’t mutter a word; Charlie not even looking up obviously knowing it was his Alpha who had entered as I looked between them, frustrated there were having another secret conversation.

Getting to my feet, as I angled my arm, jumping over the back of the couch; I walked over to Cody, his hands instantly grabbing hold of me and pulling me to his waist like I was his property.

‘Do you really need to be so forceful Cody’?

Cody’s expression softened, hearing my words as he gave me a little more breathing room; my body not stuck to his anymore, my ability to actually put centimetres between us returned.

The gentle smile on Cody’s face was like a postcard sent from him after a long trip away; his simple expression telling me he was so grateful to see me again; even though it’d been what three hours maybe.

Pulling me along, Cody walked up the stairs, my wolf already knowing where we were headed as Cody stopped at his door; his free hand taking hold as he pushed the door open to reveal the stale smelling room from no one coming in for the past twelve hours.

Walking over and sitting down on Cody’s bed; his arm slung around me had him following eagerly as we sat down, his lips pressing against my head, planting a simple kiss in my hair.

‘I’m so sorry I had to go Vera; I just want to keep you and my pack safe’.

‘I know Cody, you’re Alpha and all that; I got that message when I first come here remember’.