Chapter 14, The Ginger Wolf With The White Sock

Chapter 13

Standing there, my wolf screaming now to run; I didn’t know this man.  His eyes relaxed on my wolf as he seemed to consider how to proceed.

‘Your pack was nothing but lucky for you I do not want you dead just yet; I have a proposition for you’.

Sniffing the air, this guy grinned at me, his sleazy stance making me want to curl up under Charlie so I wouldn’t have to look at him.

Charlie was standing a little in front of me and to the side; his guard up, constantly assessing each wolf around us.

‘Your Dad didn’t even put up a fight as we took his land; killing you Alpha though, well of course he went down fighting he is Alpha after all.  If he had never banished you, you would be dead like the rest such a waste; such a precious wolf you were………’

Growling, the man chuckled, his eyes caressing my white wolf like I was some prize.

‘You kept the pack distracted, your constant culling’s providing me valuable time to surveillance the area; you betrayed your pack, betrayed your own father and Beta; you belong with me in my pack, your hatred could make us a strong force to be reckoned with’.

For some reason this wolf intimidated me; not even my own Alpha could intimidate me, so why this wolf?

What could only be described as cowering on my part had me pretty much standing as close to Charlie as I could; not wanting this guy any closer.  He spoke of my Dad like he was a defenceless Beta but that was far from the truth, he would have fought to save the pack, lunged on his last dying breath, hoping to hit his target.

 ‘You don’t remember do you?  Standing there right now; you can’t even remember my name’.

He was right I didn’t remember, I had some memory of him in my mind but I still didn’t know who he was. 

‘I was surprised to hear that you had been claimed, such a great loss that is; I was hoping you wouldn’t find your mate to make this an easier transition, we’ll just have to break you now I guess’.

Snapping at this guy, he chuckled seeming not even the slightest bit intimidated.

‘Once you mate finds out what you’ve done, he won’t take you back Vera, all you’ll have left is me’.

This was going downhill fast, Cody would probably turn up soon and the whole thing would turn into a blood bath, which was something I didn’t really want to stick around for.

‘Well for future reference, you can call me Seth; I’m sure your mate is on his way, bringing an army to be unleashed on my rogues so I better head off; think of this as returning the favour’.

Turning to walk back to his rogues, Seth shifted as he looked back at me; his eyes piercing my gaze and making me look away as he quickly scurried off, each rogue following in his stride.

The rogues barely took any notice of us after, their scents to seeming to disappear into the mountains; Charlie scanning the area in case any were left behind.

‘Well that was……interesting’

‘Think what you want Charlie, I don’t know who that guy was, he’s a creeper I can tell you that’.

‘Yeah well I hope you got a good cover story, Cody’s not far away and he’s bringing some wolves with him’.

That was just what I needed, an interrogation about something I don’t even remember, just perfect.

‘Did you really betray your pack’?

Growling, I snapped at Charlie’s feet making him take a step away from me.  ‘Okay, I’ll stop asking, geez Luna, I didn’t know you were so mysterious woman’!