Chapter 22, Prison Riot

Chapter 21

He must have known I’d come here, he must have known something!

Standing there before me was Seth, his fingers twirling the key that he had obviously grabbed from somewhere he shouldn’t have.

‘Did you know I’m an important part of this pack; I help lock up the rogues that they sentence and guess who’s name popped up’?

Cringing further into the corner, I could smell my own fear seeping through my skin, something that must have smelt like victory to Seth.

‘Don’t be scared Vera, I will be sure to kill you quickly and painlessly; well I lie, it won’t be painless’.

Barking a loud growl in Seth’s direction, he was like lightening, opening the door and racing over to clamp a hand over my mouth.

‘You need to be quiet Vera; we wouldn’t want your friends finding you dying here in your cell, now would we’.

My eyes meeting him, understanding clear in my pupils, Seth stepped back over to the door, leaning on its metal frame as he looked at me.

‘I heard you jumped from a three story window out of my building; that’s pretty impressive, what could have possibly driven you to be so……suicidal.  We are wolves but we are not unbreakable and that stunt was shy of death’.

Beginning to panic at what Seth would do, I didn’t know what else to say, screaming at myself in my head.

‘You know Dingo wasn’t a difficult customer to break; hanging from the same window you had jumped from, seemed to upset him enough to spill the beans.  I just wonder what you said to change his mind’.

Staying silent, I didn’t want to give Seth any ideas.  I could only imagine the pain Dingo would have gone through trying to protect me and crippling in the end; I swear my brother was a sook!

A silver blade caught my attention as I watched Seth pull from his belt, oh so silently; a pocket knife with small writing engraved on like it was a song verse.

‘The verse matches some lyrics to a song I grew fond of when I was younger’.

‘My mother played them at my father’s funeral; a funeral that was caused by the war between packs, something I plan to destroy, the will to have war’.

Pulling the knife from his belt, Seth stepped closer to me; now waiting for me to react.

His voice came out at a whisper now, low and threatening.

‘Come on white wolf, you will not be the first or the last of your kind to die but once you are dead; your pack will be vulnerable and I will take it over’.

Hissing as I sat staring at Seth, his feet crumbling the small rocks that had somehow being brought into my cell; the eerie silence returned like a plague.

My inner wolf taking control of my mind; my body shifted under Seth’s gaze, his eyes daring me to take him on, like he knew how I would move and when.

My whit wolf snapped in his face, his eyes still showing his human was somehow in control.  Getting to my feet and preparing to attack Seth, his body moved like I had seen no human before; his knife coming at me to cut my throat.

My wolf watched the scene unfold as she darted around the blade, the knife stabbing into the cement wall, making me wonder what sort of metal would do that.

Turning to prepare for another try; Seth had locked us in here, he wasn’t planning on leaving anytime soon and I had no hope of getting away from him.