Chapter 33, Home Again.....

Start from the beginning

‘I’ll tell you if you tell me what you were just arguing with Cody about’.

A loud groan sounded in the room, poor Charlie probably feeling both the pain in his jaw and getting annoyed that he had to strike a bargain with me.

‘Really Vera, Cody told me not to tell you; that’s so cheating’!

‘Well then I’m so not telling you what you want then Charlie’!

Charlie didn’t like my mocking tone or how confident I seemed about the subject.  He scooted a little closer, like he was taming a caged lion.

‘Please Vera’

‘No’

Minutes passed with the only sound being the sirens coming from the Need for Speed game; the police throwing all they had at me as my car flew through their blockade doing at least 200km/hr.

Snickering as I listened to their radio commands, Charlie apparently didn’t want to give up as he spat out what I wanted to know.

‘Gerald was here last night’.

Pausing the game as I looked over curiously at Charlie, he looked ashamed that he’d just betrayed his Alpha.

Why would Gerald have come here anyways, it wasn’t like I’d go willing with him again; the guy was a psycho.

‘And…..’

Charlie’s words were only mumbled but I was listening hard to enough to know what he was saying; his low voice could probably be heard in the next room of a wolf listened hard enough.

‘He was seen on the border, heading towards this house but we saw him and he took off before we could even get close to him’.

Again why would that traitor come here?

‘What, was he coming to get his stuff or something; if he lived here so long, just walking in here doesn’t sound like the smartest approach’?

Charlie shook his head, he must have already figured out why he must have come.

‘I think he was coming for you actually Vera, I’m just yet to work out why he would try when you’ll be in the land next door in only a few nights’.

Thinking, that was a pretty stupid plan, surely Gerald had some other motive we didn’t know about.

‘Maybe he missed his old pack’?

Charlie laughed at me, a small smile creeping onto his face; ‘this isn’t some spy movie Vera; it doesn’t matter now anyways because he’s gone, so now do tell me…………’

Sighing, I should have known Charlie would want to know everything.

‘I was talking with his Mother Helen and she asked me to be a little…nicer to Cody so I did and that’s it, it went from there’.

‘What!  You left out all the good parts; I thought we had a deal’!

Shaking my head, I went back to my game as I skidded around the sharp bend, the police car ploughing past me into another guard rail.

‘Your loss Charlie; never trust Vera, you should know that by now’.

Beginning to laugh hysterically, Charlie resorted to trying to pull the controller away from me.  My hand managing to duck out of his grasp, each and every time he had though he could outsmart me.

‘Vera; give me the controller’!

Kicking Charlie as he got too close, Charlie’s body fell to the ground; his body only sitting there for milliseconds as he lunged at me, my back now pinned against the couch as Charlie was leaning over me, his knee stuck in my rib.