Chapter 18

The Charade

Madeline and Johnny are criminals. They kidnapped me from my own parents. From their own best friends. How could someone be that shallow?

I can't even begin to imagine the hatred that my parents have towards Johnny and Madeline. Those two were soulless, with only their lies and their selfish games.

My parents only had me a month before they took me. They didn't even know who I was as a person yet. I was just a baby. An innocent little baby.

Did they think my parents weren't going to hate them because they were such good friends with them?

Beside my bed, I had a nightstand full of picture frames. Inside the frames were pictures of me and Harry. Some with Madeline and Johnny.

There was one of me and Johnny, sitting together on a giant hay stack. I must've been about ten years old at the time.

Another picture frame held a picture of me and Madeline. Madeline was painting my nails, we were both smiling at the camera. Harry was in the background making a funny face.

A tear fell from my eye.

I quickly dabbed it with a tissue.

There was a light tap on my door. I turned around to find Harry standing in the doorway.

He was holding a little box in his big hands.

I wiped my nose and tried to act as cool as I could be. I'm not a cryer, and Harry knows that.

"I got you a little something." A smirk forming on his angelic face.

I stood up from my bed and looked at him, sharing a friendly smile. "What is it?"

He took a couple steps into my room, walking in my direction.

Once our bodies were almost touching when he opened up the box.

Inside was a locket.

He opened up the heart shaped locket and inside laid a picture of me and him when we were two or three years old.

As hard as I tried to not cry, I couldn't help it. How am I ever supposed to live without Harry?

"Harry, I love it." I gave him the biggest hug I've ever given anyone in my whole life.

That's when I lost it and began to sob into Harry's shoulder. A damp spot forming on his white t-shirt.

I felt his arms get tighter around my torso, "Skylar, please don't cry. . .please don't cry."

I squeezed him tighter, "but what if I have to leave?. . ."

He lifted my head off his shoulder and looked into my eyes. "No Skylar, you won't have to leave. It's all going to be okay." His hand rubbed my back, up and down.

I nodded, showing him that he was right and that I was listening.

"If they want to take you away from me, they're going to have to go through me first. I will not let it happen. I love you too much Sky. You're mine now." He ended his sentence with a very passionate kiss on the lips.

Best kiss ever.

"Be happy, we aren't legally foster siblings!"

We both laughed and shared another long, passionate kiss.

I've never been so in love.