Chapter 8

The Charade

I woke up on the ground. Harry laying beside me, playing with my hair.

Once my eyes fluttered open, he got excited and smiled really big. His dimples bigger and cuter than ever.

"Good morning Harry." I whispered while running my fingertips through his curly hair.

His smile faded, "you shouldn't have slept on the ground last night." He shook his head, "you could've kicked me out."

I sat up and wrapped myself in a blanket. "You were just so cute, I couldn't have woken you up."

We both laughed.

Then it went silent.

I tried avoiding awkwardness by looking at my nails, but it still felt weird.

My eyes quickly glanced at Harry, who was staring at me.

I immediately looked back down to my hands and continued to look at the nails.

Then, out of no where, Harry grabbed my hand. Our fingers interlocked. I could feel his eyes still glued to me. He was trying to look into my eyes but I just didn't have enough bravery to look up at him.

After a minute, I finally did.

"You don't know how much I love you Sky."

I could feel my heart lifting, it was the best feeling ever. I felt happy that Harry loved me so much. It made me feel that I wasn't just a foster sister, that i was a "real" sister to him.

Smile forming, I laughed. "Awe Harry," I gripped his hand tighter, "I love you too."

He nodded his head and leaned in to kiss me on the cheek.

Harry stood up and held his arm for me to grab. He wanted to help me up off the hard ground. Even though my bedroom floor is carpeted, it's really not comfortable to sleep on at all.

I grabbed ahold of his hand and stood up.

We were eye to eye when Harry turned around and grabbed my sweatshirt that was hanging on the closet door knob.

He handed it to me and gave me a reassuring smile, "it's chilly in this house."

I took the sweatshirt and pulled it over my head. My hair getting all messed up.

"Are mom and dad home?" I asked while we walked downstairs together.

"Nope. It's just us." He interlocked his arm with mine and we continued to the kitchen.

I looked at our arms. At how close we were.

It was weird.

Harry's never been like this before.

I took a seat at the table. Harry made coffee for both of us.

"So what are our plans for today?" Harry asked me.

I scratched my head and looked out the window, "I don't know."

"Sky, what's wrong?" Harry demanded.

Why'd he ask that?

Did it look like there's something wrong with me?

I shook my head, "nothing. Why?"

He sat down across from me and handed me my warm mug full of coffee. "You seem upset. . ."

"No, no," was all I said.

There was silence, then Harry interrupted, "you don't like how I'm acting. . ."

How'd he know?

It's not that I don't like the way he's acting. It's the way he's acting, it's weird.

"Well, why are you acting like you love me so much lately?" I asked.

He looked at me, his smile long gone. "I'm afraid of losing you Sky."

The Charadeजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें