A Weird Conversation

Draco Pov
'Granger, mate, Bloody Granger'
Zabini smirked.
It took a moment or two for him to reply.

'H-how ..?'
'Of course I knew. I ain't dumb Draco. All these years being your bestie, obviously I knew.. Your changes in mood'
Blaise smirked 'Your mood was affected by each and every encounter with granger—'

'But that wasn't enough to conclude—'
'Of course it wasn't. But I knew some things.. I remember the time when she punched you in third year—'
Oh no, he didn't see that...
'Yeah in case you are wondering I saw that and also the part where you admitted you were in love with the punch' Zabini smirked teasingly.

'I was so not in love with that punch'
'Yes you were.'
'No, I wasn't.'
'Yes'
'No'
'Yes'
'No. And stop it.'
'And there was the time you got freaking mad at me when I was dating Daphne.'
'So?' Draco asked.

'So I thought I should find out why you were unhappy—'
'You should have minded your own business.'
'I should have but I didn't. At first I thought you were interested in Daphne because I knew weren't gay for that matter.'
Zabini was greeted with a punch by Draco.
'But that was unlikely as you had already rejected her earlier that year. So all I did was... connect the dots, I would say.'

'What? Was I so obvious?'
'Nah but I am a Zabini for a reason.'
'Whatever. Go on.'
'Yeah so I saw that you became angry at the Yule Ball. Your eyes.. I recognized the feeling too 'well- jealousy. I had no idea but it occurred to may you may have fallen in love and were jealous of a boy to have her. After that it was easy to find it was Granger.'
Blaise said.

'Fuck you. And you didn't once ask me anything?'
'It was personal' Zabini shrugged him off.
'Well, do you know about dimension travel?'
'Nope'
'Well, then I will brief you—'
***
Several minutes later -
'How is your life so full of adventure while mine is full of filth.'
Draco glared at him.
'Ok, I trust you, Draco but.. this is weird ... maybe I should tell you their positions now.'
'Uh huh'

'So um Weasley is assistant Auror to Potter- Head Auror. Weaslette.. I don't know about. Longbottom is some freaking ministry official but rumour is he is quitting his job for a Hogwarts post - I don't know which.
Lovegood- no idea about her.. Pansy is a nobody to be truthful but trying for some bloody post in the ministry... Crabbe and Goyle are also nobody's to be truthful...
Nott owns a shop in Knockturn Alley- his father's money I suppose.. Daphne - a bloody ministry official and I don't know how she charmed her way in so don't ask me.. And yeah, who did I miss?'
He paused for a dramatic effect.
'Oh yeah, And granger's the minister of magic.'
'um oh um WHAT!!?'
'Yeah no kidding'

That was a shocker..
'And you being the bastard you are forgot to tell me this?'
'Chillax man. Just keep it calm , K?'
'Do you even know what this means? No offence but instead of you she could stand up for me..?

'Sorry to hurt your feelings Draco but how legit would it be if the Minister of magic suddenly stood up for a accused murderer.'
'Uh ok wait a minute - whose standing up against me..? Weasley and Potter, right?'

Blaise nodded.
'Well then I just need a favour.'
Blaise raised his eyebrows.
'Could you convey a message to Potter within tonight?'

Blaise nodded.
'I knew I could rely on you. You are the best—'
'Enough flattery Malfoy.. it will be hard enough to manage a few minutes with the Head Auror.'

'Yeah. Btw you didn't mention what is your job.'
'Secret Agent' smirked Blaise.
'Wtf!? I have heard of those.. But aren't they very rare..? How the heck—'
Blaise just smiled.

'I have my ways.'