[Dreamless] Epilogue - SUBMISSION

Ominous Remembrance 

[Jeff The Killer Fanfic/Romance]

Epilogue: SUBMISSION

"Aren’t you afraid…that I’m going to stick a knife on your back?”

 I just buried my face on his black hair. I caught the scent of the forest, the cooling complementary smell of rainwater, the mild trace of ironic blood and the lingering, ominous aura of tragedy. “Should I be afraid?”

Should I?

 "Of course, stupid. You should,” he mumbled faintly.

 "Don’t worry. I will be afraid about it soon,” I replied calmly. But honestly, it just felt nothing. Hollow and empty, like I always did. I pulled up the quilts above his head. Hopefully, the darkness will help him sleep, and somehow, he’ll fall asleep first before I do. "Good night.”

 "um… Louise?”

 "Yes?”

 "Go to sleep.

 His statement was nostalgic. How can a few words cause a lot of memories to flash back? I looked away, the darkness of my own room meeting my gaze. "Oh. I will. Soon. ”

My own words rang gently in my ears.

I felt him relax his hold against me, his arms somehow loosened up from its tight embrace against my waist. I was still winding my fingers against his black hair, continuously feeling those ragged strands against my skin, the relative feel of dryness on those scorched tresses. In spite of the empty feeling that gnawed deep inside me, his warmth lingered, the domineering sensation of his lips on mine refused to falter.

How he gripped my arms in intense need, in an unconscious desire for redemption. How the heat from those leathery fingertips radiated on my flesh, allowing physiological responses to take place.

Cigarettes, alcohol, blood…tastes that I was never fond of in the first place, but by enigmatic means, they induced this kind of enchant in my preference, with the courtesy of Jeff bringing it upon me.

I had just entrusted my whole life to a murderer. In the past days of my encounter, I always did.

All of these made me wonder that perhaps, if this fire that once consumed him and his sanity didn’t occur, maybe he’s living his life to its most blissful extent. Maybe he doesn’t even know that I exist.

I’m sure that he’ll never hear a story about a girl trapped inside a house who remained poker faced for years, living with her mother who was secretly affiliated to beings that I never thought existed in the first place.

Maybe he had a decent girlfriend now, the one that can equally give the feelings that she receives, perhaps he’s even introducing her to his parents, or to the brother that he once had.

Or maybe he’s preparing for college too, who knows?

Yet everything happened with a tragic purpose. Maybe everything is not really as black and white as it seems, everything is not really pronounced in the boundary of good and evil. Maybe they are not supposed to be tormenting opposites at all, but allies to keep the world in shape. In shape for murder? Or maybe a harsh reminder that no area in this world is safe.

A harsh reminder that nothing in this world stays in utter permanence.

And perhaps, the possibilities are endless. Unfathomable in the moment, like my fate.

The events that transpired in my life could have desperately inflicted damage in me if ever I can normally react to it like any normal person could. I guess I owe my condition for being able to keep myself in control at the usual times, to prevent myself from failing to understand the enormity of the situation.

That my life had been entwined to a vast part of death, even before I was conceived.

At least…even though I might conflict with anybody with the decisions that I will make, somebody will end up respecting and accepting my decisions.

Even though I had to deal and keep up with deranged monstrosities in the past and in the future, I can conclude that I’m one of the most fortunate people granted with this twisted company. If I had yearned to view the world in an entirely different perspective, I don’t know, but I’m only sure of one thing.

I need my sentiments back, in complete decency. To savor and treasure all of these moments, like anybody else could do. Possibly ease a bit in Jeff’s frustration on me. Besides, I still have a father to search and to confront, right?

And also to value the memories…the profound romance I never thought we’ll have.

The memorable sense that I never thought only this exceptional murderer can knock inside my head.

I gradually trained my gaze up to the ceiling, studying the moving shadows from the gauzy curtains in my window. “Slendy…you hear me?” I faintly managed.

No response. And I’m not expecting one just yet.

Taking in a deep breath, I made my decision. A decision that I knew will change my life forever, steps that I knew I can never trace back. Maybe the consequences won't be as bad as it appears.

 “About the Service…I'm taking part of it. I approve.”

--

this is more like, blah blah blah, Louie is talkative and reflective as hell. Anyways, End of PART 1 !!!! YEEEHHAAA. I'm sorry if it took me long. ; n ; I'm caught up with studies and my personal life, with intense dramatic outbursts and flairs, so by all means, I was distracted. And this will be my final apology for part 1, if this is blunt, with grammatical errors or short or what. xD

I'm still leaving the mystery for Louie's dad, to let her have an objective for the next part. I know you guys have guesses already. Comments, suggestions, violent reactions (I know ; n ; ), hit the box below. XD

I'll upload the Prologue for part 2. soon. For now, SR is gonna take a goody break.

PS. I'll add Ticci Toby for an important role. and a few more, of course. I still had a lot of researches to do. c:

~SpiritusRaptor