Press Mute To Ignore

You woke up one morning to the sound of your mom yelling at you to get out of bed. You look over at your alarm clock. It's 1 in the afternoon. You always say you're going to bed early but, just end up staying up all night. You love being on the internet to chat and play games but, really, you only stay up so, you have some free time from your mom. Your mom is a narcissist that abuses you emotionally almost daily.She nags you on everything you do,say,eat and, wear.It drives you insane.Your social life is also wreck. You have a few so called friends but, they always leave you out whenever they make plans. Even right in front of you. You only seem to be around them so you wont feel so lonely.

You groaned and, got out of bed when your mom yelled for you the 2nd time. You put on a tank top with a jacket over it. Then shorts with a pair of black boots. Your mom yells once again saying, "IF I GET UP THERE, I'M GONNA DRIVE YOU TO THE WALL" You whispered to yourself, can't she f****** wait until i'm dressed? Jesus, she expects me to be up and dressed in 5 seconds. You then hurried up and, fast paced yourself downstairs. You gave your mom an annoyed frown with your eyes half closed while having your hands on your hips while her back was turned. Then you flipped the bird at her.You knew if she saw you like that, she would beat you a good one so, you stopped when she faced you. She was pissed as she usually was. You were able to block out her complaining because, you were still tired and, therefore weren't able to concentrate properly.

You couldn't wait until your mom left the house for an appointment. You were planing to go out town and, clear your mind.An hour passes and, she finally leaves. You sigh and, enjoy the silence. It feels to good to be true. You went into your room and, grabbed your smartphone. and, headphones. Before leaving the house, you went through your music and, picked a song. You chose, "Stand My Ground" by Within Temptation. Gothic metal was your favorite genre of music. You couldn't stand listening to the radio anymore because, all they play is garbage nowadays. While walking around, you noticed that there are a lot of people out today. Which was weird because, the town was usually dead with no one around. You shrugged it off and, carried on.

You walk by a group of girls that were fangirling by an electronics store. They seemed to be watching some kind of show that was currently airing. You could only get a glimpse of what they were watching since they were so close to it. Their faces were literally on the glass. You had no idea what it was but, you could hear a deep masculine voice talking. A shiver ran down your spine after a "OH YES" when through the speakers. "whoa" you thought to yourself. Some of the fangirls started walking away and, you managed to see who was the one that spoke. To your surprise, it was a robot with black hair and, a pink chestplate and, high heel boots. Your mind couldn't comprehend what you saw. As you stopped looking at it's body, you realized it was pretty attractive. It looked like the guys you were normally attracted to

You wondered how they managed to make such a human lifelike robot. You've seen human like robots before but, this was something different. If the tone of the metal was skin color, you could pass it off as an actual human being. After being mesmerized, you noticed someone was standing next to you. You looked over and, it was one of your old classmate friends. Her name was Sadie. She said "Hi" and, noticed you staring at the tv earlier. oh hi you replied. "Mettaton is one hot guy isn't he?" You looked at her with confusion. Mettaton? Is that the robots name? "Yeah, you never heard of him?" Nope. You know I don't pay attention to the media very much. "Oh yeah haha. I forgot you live under a rock these days. An earthquake would happen and, you would be taking a nap." Very funny Sadie.. "Thank you" She said while winking. "Hey, do you wana walk with me and, hang out?" You nod in agreement.

"So, why are you out today? You're usually always at home." Well, that's because, of my mom. She doesn't let me do anything or go anywhere by myself. She's at an appointment right now and, she doesn't know i'm even out here right now. Even though I'm over 20, she treats me like a child. "Well that sucks." You were good friends with Sadie but, you wouldn't dare to tell anyone what happens behind those closed doors about your emotional abuse. You were afraid the word might get around and, your mom might find out you were talking that way about her and, abuse you even more than ever. Back during school, you were bullied and, told Sadie, she ended up telling on the bullies. That was a good thing but, you don't want that to happen with this situation so, you keep quiet about it.

Yeah it does. You try to think of something else to talk about. You don't want to talk about your mom. You asked Sadie about Mettaton. So..... this Mettaton. Is he popular? "Yeah especially with the ladies. They're all crazy about him. I don't find him so bad looking myself." Well he is kinda cute but, ya know, he is a robot. It's not like he has a soul or anything. He probably doesn't have feelings. "Actually, he does have those things." What? What do you mean? "I mean he does have a soul and, capable of feelings." Um....You lost me there. How can an inanimate object have those things? "Well you see, this robot has a soul." You just stare at her like she's some kind of nutcase. How? you replied. "He's a monster from the underground"The underground? Isn't that the place we learned in school about? With that huge war with humans and, such? "Yep."

Okay, but, that doesn't explain how this robot has a soul. "Well you see, Mettaton was originally a ghost and, some lizard lady built him a robot body and, he just kind of possessed the form." You understood but, were still slightly confused bu the whole thing. Well alright then you replied. You both continued to walk You were having conversations about what each of you guys have been doing since you graduated high school a few years back. You two managed to get yourselves distracted. You weren't paying attention while walking through the crosswalk on the road. A large limo almost smashed into you two. You had a quick panic attack when the limo had a sudden stop. You grabbed Sadie and, put her behind you to protect her. Thankfully the limo managed to stop inches before touching you.

All of a sudden you heard a voice in the back of the limo say, "Oh my goodness"the limo door opend and, the first thing you see are these pink high heeled boots.Your mind instantly clicked. It was indeed fact this Mettaton. He strut towards both of you. He had a concerned look on his face.