The door opened up and Mich loomed in my doorway. He frowned at the darkness in my room. I hadn't bothered to switch on the lights. One hand searched blindly on the right for the switches and threw them. Light blazed bright and Mich blinked for a while before stepping in... followed by Wafi.

My lips twisted downwards. "You haven't left."

"I won't leave until you admit I'm your brother."

I looked towards Mich. "I am not comfortable with this stranger staying in our house."

Mich sighed. "He's not staying in our house. He's got his own. He is your brother whether you believe it or not. Both of you come up with an agreement in the next five minutes or I'm leaving."

Surprise passed through both our faces and then determination grew in Wafi's. "Deal."

Mich turned and walked out, closing the door behind him. I jumped up from the bed to stop him but the door had already slammed shut. I heard the lock click and a feeling of dread settled in me.

I kicked the door, taking a step back. "Goddammit Mich."

"Now listen, Fiera." Wafi placed a hand on my shoulder.

I wasted no time in shrugging it off and backing away from him. "Get away from me."

"Fiera, plea-"

"Shut up, Wafi." I snapped. "You alienated me in front of my teachers, showed up at my house. What else do you want? I don't think you're my brother and I never will. Go home already!"

Something snapped in him. His eyes narrowed and he pressed his lips together. Before I knew it, his hand shot forward and wrapped around my upper arm. His voice was low, dead. It was clear he was out of patience. "Fiera, for god's sake." He hissed. I was scared. "I admit I didn't make the smartest of moves back at your school but I'm trying to make up for it. I am older than you by four years. You were born on 11th March, at 12 AM. You have a mole on your back, left palm and a patchy birthmark on your right thigh. Is that enough for you?!"

How did he know this? The only identification mark in my school file was the one mole on my left palm. The other two usually hidden beyond view. My mouth had gone dry. I couldn't believe him. I didn't believe him. It was a lie. It was all a lie.

I slowly shook my head. My mouth didn't seem to be working. Wafi's eyes narrowed some more and turned, pulling me with him. I bobbed behind him dumbly as he stopped in front of the mirror, pulling me to his side.

"Look."

I did. The mirror showed two almost identical figures. Pale blonde hair, similar face structure, same nose, lips, light eyes. Wafi was better dressed and taller, I looked horrible in front of him but the pale-faced me was pretty similar to Wafi. We shared features. Our noses, our cheekbones, the colour of our hair. Our eyes were light and pale and were different shades, mine slightly lighter compared to his, but they were the same slight twist. It was those few features that really stood out and I could feel a numbness begin to spread over me.

"N-no." I whispered, no other words formed in my mouth. My brain had gone blank and I couldn't even feel my heartbeat anymore. It had stilled. "You're not my brother. I don't have a brother." My gut churned, I tried to weakly pull away once more. "Please leave. You're not my brother." I repeated. I was looking the other way. I didn't want to look. If I looked, I wouldn't stop looking.

Wafi seemed to realize he was scaring me. His face relaxed and he turned to me, loosening the grip on my arm but not letting go. His head lowered as he tried one last time to get me to listen.

"Fiera, please." His eyes were wet, his voice sounded hoarse. "You're my sister. You're my only family. Please... please... don't do this to me."

I shook my head once more. His hand slid off as he let me pull away this time. "Not my brother." I whispered, I could feel a lump in my throat too. "You're not my brother. I don't want to think about this. Please leave."