"Well," he took another look around the huge room as he rubbed his hands together. "I see a lot of new faces in this room. The only old faces are the teachers." Few more titters. "And it's time to start this speech." He cleared his throat. "I won't bore any of you with a long speech. Some of you will be graduating this year and pursuing a career in the human realm or closer to home. To you, I say good luck and godspeed." Short round of applause.

"Others" he continued "will start learning about the basics of our strength, our power in a few days. You will look back upon these two years as some of your most cherished memories. You will make lots of friends, forge new relationships, have your heart broken, maybe break someone's heart and so on. Don't let anger cloud your judgement, or enmity cloud your understanding. Everybody over here is, or was once a student and has or will graduate from here. My own son, Christopher, " he gestured to the side and I looked away from the Water Regent's commanding figure to his son.

And holy hell, how had I not spotted him earlier.

Crystal blue eyes like his father and a very strong resemblance between the both of them. The chin, the sharp angle of the jaw, the arch of the eyebrow. But there was a delicate twist somewhere in his face that made it slightly dangerous looking. It didn't help that his expression was absolutely blank but on gesturing, he gave a smile that lit up his face. The kind of smile that had girls weak at the knees and guys wanting to befriend him just for the those girls.

He wasn't just my type. He was everybody's type.

"Oh." I said softly and Eric groaned on hearing that.

"You too, Fi? Give me a break. Flo was drooling over him and if she'd want to be anymore obvious she could have a driven a truck over him."

That's when I remembered her. "Oh yeah. Flo. Where is she?" I asked as I craned my neck to spot her.

"Somewhere in the front. She said she wanted a snatch a spot close enough to be able to see him." He paused. "I also believe she said smell him but I'm probably imagining that."

Nope. He probably smells great. "Yes. You probably are."

He let out a short sigh of relief but my eyes strayed to the brunette glued to his side on the side. She was quite a looker too. Perfect curves, average height, grey eyes and perfect bow-shaped lips. She wore a silver dress with a plunging neckline and a heavy diamond rested in her cleavage. The silver went off beautifully against the tan and her deep black hair, making her gray eyes seem brighter.

Her eyes smugly roamed the hall, knowing she looked the best out of the rest of the wannabes and she had the most good-looking man in the room on her arm. Christopher, I believe his name was, had a casual arm around her waist and his smile stayed as his father spoke a little more about the hard work we would have to do this year and as usual, the best performers or all-rounders were guaranteed spots in the Regent's palaces.

They had palaces?

Wow. It's a bit old-fashioned. Call me modern but I prefer the Presidential rule and democracy.

The Regent, his son and the girl stepped off the stage and the music built up once again. the party was back in the groove in a few minutes but my eyes stayed on the Water Regent who exited the hall through a side door. I frowned. "Where's he going?"

"They don't stay for more than an hour or two." Eric answered, eyes in the same direction. "And usually leave after giving the speech."

"Why?"

He shrugged and turned away, now looking at a table lavishly laid with a delectable looking buffet and probably nonalcoholic drinks.

"The food and drinks are catered for by the Regent as well. Now, let's dig in."