The girl smiled, "Yeah."

"You look great." He replied before turning to Matt, "You remember April? Elena used to -- "

Matt cut him off, "Elena used to babysit you. Yeah, I remember."

"Yeah, before I got shipped off to boarding school by my dad." April replied.

"Your dad. Oh my God, I am so sorry about your dad." Jeremy said sadly. I looked at them confused, what happened to her dad?

"Thank you." She furrowed her brows, "I guess. I sort of don't know how to answer when people say that."

"Uh, this is Cassie Fell." Jeremy said, pointing to me.

"Hey." I said.

She smiled, "Hi."

I could hear her heart beating and see the pulse moving in her neck, "I'm just gonna go put these in the car." I quickly walked away towards the car.

"Your dad was Pastor Young, right?" Matt asked her.

"He had the faulty gas line." April replied.

I frowned, confused at what she was talking about. I realised that Pastor Young was part of the council and we were kept in a cage at his farm yesterday.

What happened after we left?

April continued, "Sorry, I haven't figured out what to say about that yet either. Wow, I am being a freak. Um, I'm just, you know, not much for grief, I guess. I have to go register or something, I think."

I watched the young girl walk away from the boys.

▂▂▂▂

The Grill was full of people as I sat down at the bar. I gave the bartender a small smile, "Bourbon."

The bartender walked away to get my drink. He came back a minute later. I handed him some money before I glanced down the bar to see Damon sitting alone. I made my way towards him.

He felt me coming and briefly glanced up at me, "Haven't seen you properly for a while, where've you been? With Kol?"

"Not that it's any of your concern but mostly, yes." I smiled at him.

"Two Originals on the go, what a treat." He bitterly replied, drinking his scotch.

I scoffed, "I'm not even with Elijah, Damon. Anyway, better subject, what happened at Pastor Young's farm when we left? Nobody has told me anything."

"Did you do it?" A voice suddenly asked behind us.

I turned to see Elena now standing there. She went to sit down in the seat beside Damon but he stopped her. He clenched his jaw, "That seat's taken."

Elena looked at the chair, confused, "But there's no one here."

"Well, I'm just going to pretend like there's someone there, because the alternative is just too damn depressing." Damon replied.

I drank most of my drink, not bothering to ask what was going on, they probably wouldn't have told me anyway.

Elena moved to the other side of him and sat down, "Did you set off the explosion that killed the Town Council?"

I looked at him shocked, "What? How did I not hear about this?"

Damon stared at Elena, "Am I wearing my "I Blew Up The Council" t-shirt, why does everybody keep asking me that?"