Rain (Iwaizumi x reader)

Izumi-chan: '《》' means my, the author's, comments.

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

(Y/N)'S POV

The sound of the bell rang in my ears, signalling it was the end of school. My train of thoughts were disrupted as the lightning strike and the thunder clapped. 'Ah, it's going to rain soon, I better hurry and get home.' I thought to myself as I quickly stood up from my seat and hurry to the shoe lockers.

When I reached the school entrance, I notice that it had already started drizzling. 'Crap, I really need to hurry now.' I said to myself as I brisk walked towards my home. Halfway down the path, the clouds started to cry more. Immediately, I ran towards the nearest shelter which is a gazebo and rested there, waiting for the rain to stop or lighten up.

It has been about 10 minutes and the rain seemed to only get heavier. I sighed as I sat at the bench provided. 'Firstly, I forgot my phone, and now my umbrella!' I thought to myself as I placed my elbows on my knees and rested my head on my hands.

I was slowly falling asleep from the cooling atmosphere and from boredom. I was about to close my eyes until I heard someone's voice. "Hey, you alright?" I looked up and saw the volleyball ace, Iwaizumi Haijime. I immediately became awake and exclaimed out "Iwaizumi-senpai! W-What are you doing here?"

"I should be asking you that, (L/n)-san." he responded. "Eh? How do you..know my name?" I asked backed with confusion shown on my face. Iwaizumi-senpai the took a seat beside me and answered "I've seen you with Kindaichi a few times during school hours and practice."

I nodded my head in understanding. "So, back to the question. Why are you here?" Iwaizumi asked again but in a gentler tone and a softer gaze. "I forgot my umbrella.." I muttered loud enough for him to hear as I looked down at my lap with a tint of red on my face.

"I see." he said as he looked at the pouring rain. "Well, let's go home then." he said as he stood up from his seat and opened up the umbrella. I didn't say anything and looked up at him. He looked back at me and said "Don't you want to get home?" 

I nodded my head as I stood up and walked towards him. He lifted the umbrella above our heads and gestured for me to hook my arm around his. I hooked my arm around his and we walked out into the rain.

As we were walking in the rain, a comfortable silence was present but so was the fast beating of my heart. The umbrella was between us and I was hugging his arm that was holding it.

I looked up at Iwaizumi-senpai's face to see him looking forward. "Iwaizumi-senpai, why were alone anyways? What happened to Oikawa-senpai?" I asked him as I looked back to the front.

He was quiet for a moment, trying to remember what had happened not too long ago. "Well I was with Oikawa, until he was surrounded by his fangirls. I was tired so I just walked away from him, as always." He answered as I sweatdropped at how he just left his best friend.

TIME SKIP

When we reached my home, the rain was still pouring and Iwaizumi-senpai lead me towards the porch. "Thanks for sending me home, senpai. I enjoyed it." I thanked him with a closed eye smile.

"Mhm, I enjoyed it too." he replied as he looked to the side. It was quiet for awhile before I said "Well, see you tomorrow then!" Before I could enter the house, he grabbed my wrist, signaling me to stop in my tracks.

I looked back at him with a blush on my face. "L-Let's do this again, (L/n)" he said as his green eyes looked into mine. I nodded my head as I said "Let's.", meaning that I agreed.

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Follow my instagram for anime shiz! :

- boredom_is_here 

Thank you for reading, hope you enjoyed it, apologies for the mistakes and please do point them out. Please vote if you enjoyed it, it encourages me to publish more.

will update when free/not lazy/bored/when I have ideas