One

I consider myself to be a very complex man. Everyone I've met has assured me of that fact. Commenting on my profession, my clothes, and even my lack of personality. You would think that would make it simple, but it doesn't. It makes everything so much harder. Making contact, having conversations...Everything is so hard because of how I am. I used to think that my difference were going to be accepted one day but I was wrong, it only became worse with all the people I began to met. Many of them called me a monster and horrible man who deserved to be slaughtered like an animal. Of course they would usually say something as hurtful as that as I ripped out their eyes or tore off chunks of their skin and hair but I was just doing my job.

Sure I'll admit that my profession isn't exactly common or ordinary but neither am I so it fits me just fine. I make dolls, but even though I'm very good and have won first place in many contests because of them, they still aren't perfect. Even though the parts are perfect none of them will be perfect because perfection is unattainable...or so I thought.

My breath caught in my throat when I saw him. He was a breathing, living doll. Perfection that could walk and talk with out a string being pulled in the back. Something that's beauty could fade with time and couldn't be repaired by a skilled hand...True beauty in this ugly, cruel world. A light that could help people see through the darkness of their lives.

He was fair haired, like the golden rays of the sun grew from that tanned skin. He also had the softest sky blue eyes, that twinkled in the right light. He was tall but still a few good inches shorter than me, which made me smile a little. The small ones are always feisty. He was also lean but muscular...I could see his toned arms through his tight black shirt. He could prove to be a good fight.

Naruto was my angel's name.

I first encountered him one day after I had entered one of my dolls at the local fair. I won first prize of course but that's not the point. When I was about to exit he came up running to me. I had only seen him from a far away point and I hadn't realized his beauty until we were face to face. I smiled at him and for some reason I knew this one wasn't faked, like all my others. He placed something in my free hand and I looked down at him with a confused look.

"What's this?" I inquired. I hadn't bothered to look down at my hand because I wanted to hear him explain it instead...To hear that voice I knew would match him.

"That would be your wallet. Some punk kid picked it out of your back pocket and my buddies and I saw it. And since my boyfriend is a cop, he decided to take the law into his hands and take the kid down. Heh, it was kinda embarrassing...But anyway I just wanted to return it you."

Boyfriend? Well that could definitely be a problem...Especially since he was a police officer. His friends slowly approached us and I gave another smile. There was a pink haired girl who was wearing all shades of the color on her head, on her body...but she did have rather fetching eyes. Green like jade, quite beautiful. And the other, and who I assumed to be Naruto's boyfriend. He looked a bit like myself only much more regal. Jet black hair, spiked in the back, that matched his cold dark eyes. His skin was a perfect pale, not a blemish or imperfection visible...He also was like a doll, a beautiful China doll. But far too cold for my idealism of perfection. Perhaps if I ever wanted to expand my doll collection I would add him as well. Though something struck me as off about him...He looked eerily familiar. I cringed inwardly when I finally placed his face.

He was the officer who kept finding the parts I didn't want. He had called me savage, ruthless, and cold. Which I guess were all words that could describe my other life but they still hurt none the less. So this was him...Uchiha Sasuke, the detective who was hot on my trail but still not close enough to realizing that the one he was after was right in front of him. Someone he just helped with an everyday situation. Oh the joy I was feeling.