Chapter 9

Chapter 9>> The golden trio, Nicholas Flamel & Christmas break.

Song of the chapter>> Sweater Weather by The Vamps.

(Edited, 10/10/2017)

The sun was shining brightly over the castle as the clouds were non-existent meaning, the heat was affecting everyone. Sweat beads are were dripping down many peoples faces, the body odour of students sometimes reaked, but others smelt of pure deodorant. It was meant to be October for crying out loud!

The twins were being held back by McGonagall for being 'disobedient' and 'troublesome.' Which was not a surprise to anyone, not even the portraits who gossiped.

Whereas, Orion was heading towards the common room after the last lesson of the day when she spotted the golden trio whispering amongst each other. She sped the pace of her steps and when she got close enough she wrapped her left arm around Ron's shoulder. "How's my little brother and his mates." She asked, cheerily.

"Brother?"Hermione exclaimed in confusion.

"Yeah, she's practically my sister, do I have to explain it again? I've told you like 14 times."

"Don't yell at her Ronald!" Ryan jested swatting his head and earning a glare from the smaller red-head. "Anywho, what are you talking about?"

They began to explain more about the trap door, and the three-headed dog, which brings up the troll situation as well. Until, the four come to a halt, a tall, skinny teacher, in their way. "You four, on a day like this and your spending it inside." Snape sneers eyeing them all. "Go outside."

"Yes, sir, sorry sir," Orion nodded, saluting and then dragged the three first years away from him, after noticing something peculiar to do with the greasy haired professor.

"What was that?!" Harry asked as the group rounded a corner of the corridor.

"Didn't you see it?" 

"See wot?" Questioned Ron his ginger hair is the only thing visible about him as he is hidden in the shade. 

"The cut on his shin." Explained the elder girl.

"That explains his limp," Hermione added.

"Yes, and he must have got it the last night when the troll was in the castle. " Said Orion brushing loose strands of hair out of her face and for a moment she thought it was blonde but as it was dark she took it as her eyes playing tricks on her.

"How?" Ron asked stupidly.

"When he escaped the great hall after Quirrell passed out and the ruckus of screams for students." 

"Which means he probably went, to the trapped door!" Ron shouted only to be hushed by the rest of them.

"OR he let the troll in," Hermione stated, which was much more reasonable. 

"Yeah, whatever" Ron mumbled.

"What even is the dog guarding?" Ryan quizzed the three. 

Harry answered, whispering, "We don't know, all Hagrid said its to do with Dumbledore and Nicholas Flamel."

"Nicholas who?"

"Flamel," Hermione repeated.

"And that is?" Orion queries, yet again, still confused and by the looks on their faces, she knew the exact answer. "let me guess, you don't know." They sheepishly nod their heads and she pinched the bridge of her nose. "Have you tried the library?"