Why does no one want me? Is it too much to ask for someone to stay?

"Ry, I'm-"

A sob escapes past my lips as I take quick strides over to hug Gavin , cutting his sentence off short. Gavin sighs wrapping both of his arms securely around me.

"It's okay. I'm here."

The late evening sprawled over the sky in a pink salmon color mixed with purple and blue outlining the disappearing rain clouds from the day

The late evening sprawled over the sky in a pink salmon color mixed with purple and blue outlining the disappearing rain clouds from the day. The street lights were barely starting to become visible as the night slowly began to approach. The sidewalk was still wet from the earlier rain making it resemble a dark grey color as Gavin and I continued to walk around the block. Surprisingly, the neighborhood was a bit secluded today which I enjoyed because I am not in the mood to have others be snooping on topic's of conversation that might have me on the edge of tears.

"I know this is probably a wrong thing to say but what did you expect babe?" Gavin reluctantly asks, looking down at me. "I mean if Nathan is Harry's brother and he is a criminal, how did you not expect for him to be the same?"

"Because Harry isn't anything like Nathan. Or at least...I thought  he wasn't." I reply with a frown looking away from him and down at my feet and as I do, words that should have sparked a red flag come to mind.

"What I do what I am...it's dangerous for you."

"You don't know him like I do."

"Looks like the apple doesn't fall far from the tree."

"So when are you going to go and get your stuff?" Gavin asks pulling me out of the chorus of voices in my head.

I shrug. "I don't know. My worst fear is if I show up he'll be there and...I can't face him."

"You know you didn't have to come all the way over here." I mutter as we walk back up my dad's driveway.

"Yes I did." He says giving me a smile. "So what do you say we go out tomorrow night?"

"Um I-"

"Come on love. You can't stay cooped up in the house all day." He says giving me his signature friendly smile.

"Okay." I nod.

Maybe it'll be fun.

Harry's POV

Both of my hands gripped tightly on the wheel as I drove, making my knuckles turn white to the point it hurts, but I love the pain. This type of pain is a distraction to the numbing pain I feel when Ryder floats into my mind.

I wonder what she is doing now? Does she miss me?

Once I parked the car outside my house I saunter inside  and head straight up to the bedroom after grabbing a beer from the kitchen. Shutting my bedroom door behind me, I flip on the light switch and my eyes fall on the bed. It looked way too big, though it's the same bed I have always had.