Chapter 5

hey guys sorry for not uploading earlier. I was gone for holiday.

Well heres chapter 5 and i hope you like it. Please comment and vote.

Picture of Luke------>

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 5 

Rachel’s POV

I looked up at the cloud-less blue sky filled with different coloured birds, soaring through the air with no care in the world. How I wished for that clichéd funeral weather which included tears from the sky. Why couldn’t it be raining and storming so that my sadness wouldn’t feel so out of place on this warm sunny day. I looked back down at the black casket which had the well-known blue, white and red flag over the top. The casket was beautiful and yet it symbolised the one thing that was never associated beauty.

On the other side of the casket stood Dylan’s family, which consisted of his mother, aunty and cousin. I never met any of his family since Dylan had left his home-town after a bitter argument between him and his family. Apparently Dylan never got along with his family and there ways. I didn’t know much about them but judging from their stone-like expressions, they were only there to keep up appearances.

I stood next to Mason as the priest carried on giving his speech, which I tuned out a long time ago. Standing behind us were the rest of the agents from the agency. Overall it was a typical American- hero themed funeral, with the American flags and the troop of soldiers holding weapons. Waiting for the command to fire.

The rest of the ceremony went past in blur and I hardly registered anything which happened during the entire ceremony. I was too lost in my own thoughts, all of which included Dylan and how my life had just came crashing into darkness just when things looked the brightest.

I snapped out of my thoughts as I felt warm fingers close around my hand. I looked up to see Mason looking down at me with pain and sympathy in his eyes.

“Come on lets go.” He said in a soft voice filled with emotion.

I knew that Dylan’s death had hit him harder than it had hit me, since I had only known Dylan for a year, whilst Mason and Dylan have been friends since kindergarten.

I sighed and looked around and noticed that everybody had already left the grave and were headed back to their cars. I held on to his hand, trying to give him support even though it felt as though he was doing all the supporting. I let him pull me towards his car which we had come in, together this morning. With one last look towards his grave I got into the car and closed the door. Knowing that I was leaving a piece of my heart in that graveyard. I loved Dylan and I still did but I knew that he was gone, I just didn’t know how I was going to deal with it once it really clicked that he was gone, forever.

Just a few days ago I was thinking about us having our own children and been parents and now that dream seemed miles away.

We both stayed silent the entire ride home. I sat looking out of the passenger window, fiddling with the hem of my black dress. I stepped out of the car as soon as the car switched off and walked towards the front door. I stopped with my hand on the door handle as I realized that I would be living in this house all alone. The house WE had bought together to start off our life together. Only now it was just me.

I came back to reality as I felt a hand on my shoulder and I immediately relaxed. I pushed open the door and stepped in before Mason could say anything. I knew that he knew what I had been thinking about.