Chapter 6

Chapter 6.
Skylar's POV.
I was flipping through one of Bree's fashion magazines, bored out of my mind while the rest of the team was on a mission, feeling tiny little kicks again my ever growing baby bump when I heard someone knock, making me groan as I stood up before answering the door, VERY happy with who I saw.
"Horace! Your alive!" I then hugged him, which is something I do very rarely as he hugged me back.
"Did Kaz and Oliver make it out as well?" Horace asked.
"Yeah, they are just on a mission. Alexandra and I are the only ones here." I told him.
"Who's Alexandra?"
"She's one of Davenport's doctors from the academy."
Horace then gasped dramatically.
"What about me?!"
"We thought you were dead!"
Then Horace looked down, surprised at what he saw.
"Oh...a little knocked up, aren't you, Skylar."
I embarrassingly covered my stomach as a few tears streamed down my face...DARN HORMONES!
"Skylar, don't be upset. You are positively glowing and it suits you." He told me, placing his hand on my shoulder.
"It's alright, I'm just hormonal." I explained as we sat down on the couch.
"So, tell me everything."
"About my life or-"
"The baby."
"Well, to start, it's babies. I'm carrying twins. And well, morning sickness is a pain, and I'm starting to have weird cravings. I also think at least one of the babies has ice powers."
"Well, that's wonderful Skylar! Now, who's the father?"
I sighed, hoping Horace wouldn't be mad.
"Oliver is the father."
"That's hilarious, but tell me the truth."
"Why would I lie about this?" I demanded.
"Good point, you aren't usually the lying type."
"So, now my turn to ask you something...who all made it out of Mighty Med?"
Horace's expression turned somber before he answered.
"A lot of us made it out...but Alan and Nelson...they weren't so lucky."
"They're dead?" I asked, rubbing my eyes in order to keep tears falling out.
"Well, they made it out, but were both severely injured. Nelson died a few days later, but Alan held on, and is back at our temporary Mighty Med till we can remake it."
"Well, what are we waiting for? Let's go." I told him, starting to stand up.
"Skylar, for yours, Kaz's and Oliver's safety, I'm afraid I cannot let you go. We are in a very remote spot and if we were found, it'd be catastrophic."
I nodded in understanding just as Alexandra came upstairs.
"Is something wrong?" I asked.
"Chase told me to be on standby, and said something happened to Oliver."
"See, this is why I should be on missions with them! If I'm not, then something catastrophic happens!" I yelled, starting to cry...again just as the rest of the team came in, Kaz carrying Oliver.
"May I just say, you think he wouldn't be so heavy." He told us as Oliver, still semi conscious smiled at me.
"Hey Sky. Don't worry, it doesn't hurt much."
"He also took a bit to the head
Alexandra and Kaz then took him downstairs while Chase, Kaz and Bree walked over to us, where they saw Horace, Kaz lighting up.
"Horace! Your alive!"
"Very much so. You can't get rid of me that easy." He smiled before looking at Bree and Chase, groaning, especially at Chase. "You again!"
"What did I do?!" Chase demanded, completely shocked.
"You are the rudest hero I've met the entire time I've been a doctor and I've had to deal with Alan."
Bree, in exasperation, yelled.
"He was unconscious!"
"And I'm also confused. What happened?"
While Bree explained, I yawned, laying back down on the couch, Chase sitting beside me with his hand on my leg.
"Hey, you ok?"
"Just tired. You'd be surprised how much pregnancy takes it out of you."
"Yeah, I'm gonna leave that to you. Night Sky. I'll let you know when we have a update on Oliver."
I nodded before drifting off into a deep sleep.