Ch.48

Going back to school meant catching up on a lot  of work. The material I was good with, thanks to Donnie's tutoring, but the assignments were long and tedious. I decided doing homework at home would be better than the lair. Donnie can be very distracting...

Donnie's P.O.V.

I missed having Y/n live with me-us! She was at school all morning and insisted on doing her homework at home rather than here. Even though I can help her with it! What if...no...but...

*ding~* I received a text from Y/n. 

Y/n: Hey, I don't think I'll be able to go visit today...I still have A LOT of homework. See you tomorrow?

I sighed before replying. 

D: Why don't you do your homework here? I could help you with it. Afterwards we could watch a movie or something?

Y/n: A movie sounds good...for Saturday.  

I didn't want to sound pushy or desperate. D: Sure, see you then~

It's not as if I had nothing else to do but wait around for Y/n...but I couldn't help thinking about and missing her.

Y/n's P.O.V. 

I spent all my time on homework, trying to catch up to free myself, but I was gone for a long time...and AP testing started soon. It was all very overwhelming and I'm glad Donnie wasn't clingy like I would have been. He's probably absorbed in an experiment anyway...

The next day at school I ran into Nobutada. He was so happy to see me I couldn't feel too annoyed. 

"You're alive!"

"Of course, I told you I was safe."

"I can't believe those freaks didn't eat you," and there it was.

"Could you please not call them that? They don't deserve it."

"What do you mean? Of course they do!"

I rolled my eyes and turned to leave. "Wait! I'm sorry! I won't say it again..."

"Okay, if you mean it." He smiled, I was reminded of how good looking he was, not that it mattered.

"I do. So what are you doing this weekend?" Is he asking me out? What?  

"I have a lot  of homework to do and I think I have a...thing...with my family too. Why?"

"Oh, I was just wondering if you wanted to...maybe see a movie? Do you think you could squeeze me in?" his eyes pleaded.

"Sorry, I don't think so..."

"Maybe later?" he insisted.

"Ummm...maybe?" No! Stop being a pushover!!!

"Okay, later then~"